What Are Chakras?
by Psychic Psychic
Chakras, otherwise known as Psychic Centres, exist within the aura. They are vortices, or whirlpools if you like, within the body, which pull energy into you and send it out. There are psychic centres found in many places on auras, which define how we interact with people and the world around us, but on much more subtle levels.
Psychic centres, or chakras, affect our daily lives, even although we may be completely unaware of their function. The interchange of energies amongst the psychic centres and interconnecting channels within auras has a direct impact upon our psychic development. Any blockages will therefore inhibit our psychic perception and limit the free flow of intuitive thought.
As such the chakras, or psychic centres, are the key to psychic powers, healing, the effectiveness of prayer – abilities which to the majority of us remain largely unknown.
Anodea Judith, an American chakra expert, describes psychic centres as: “…A center of activity that receives, assimilates and expresses life force energy. The word chakra literally translates as wheel or disk and refers to a spinning sphere of bioenergetics activity emanating from the major nerve ganglia branching forward from the spinal column. Generally, six of these wheels are described, stacked in a column of energy that spans from the base of the spine to the middle of the forehead, the seventh lying beyond the physical world. It is the six major chakras that correlate with basic states of consciousness…”
Susan Shumsky, an expert in all matters spiritual, says of psychic centres: “Each chakra in your spinal column is believed to influence or even govern bodily functions near its region of the spine. Because autopsies do not reveal chakras, most people think they are a fancy
of fertile imagination. Yet their existence is well documented in the traditions of the Far East…”
The psychic centres connected with the spinal area are of great importance. These major psychic centres form a crucial part of what and who we are. They influence our health, as well as our physical, spiritual and mental development. They tune into different energy frequencies, which increase the developed you can start to realise higher levels of consciousness.
There are seven major psychic centres found in the aura. These are:
• the crown chakra (top of the head) – chakra of pure consciousness, relates to inner wisdom and the death of the body;. Governs meditation, universal consciousness and unity, “beingness”;
• third eye chakra (forehead) – balancing higher and lower selves and trusting inner guidance, visual consciousness. Governs access of intuition, visual consciousness, intuitive clarity;
• throat chakra – communication and growth through expression. This chakra is linked to the thyroid. Governs communication, independence, fluent thought and sense of security;
• heart chakra – related to the thymus, complex emotions, compassion, tenderness, unconditional love, equilibrium, rejection and well-being. Governs circulation, unconditional love, passion and devotion;
• solar plexus chakra – metabolic and digestive systems. Issues of personal power, fear, anxiety, introversion, opinion-forming. Governs digestion, mental power, expansiveness and growth;
• sacral chakra – responds to reproductive organs. Key issues are relationships, violence, addictions, pleasure and basic emotional needs. Governs reproduction, creativity, joy and enthusiasm.
• base (or root) chakra – related to instinct and survival. Involves lust, sexuality and obsession. Governs sexuality, stability, sensuality and security.
In addition to these 7 main psychic centres there are other less important psychic centres found in the body.
Understanding Chakra Meanings and Chakra Healing.