Rolling The Dice Fortune Telling And Divination Game Made Easy
Ian Parkin is the author of this post.
What is dice fortune telling?
- Fortune telling with dice is a modern equivalent of ‘throwing the bones’. To be precise, knucklebones, translated from the Greek word astragalus. Shamans commonly used knucklebones for divining. Using dice as a divination tool is called astragalomancy.
Dice divination has been authenticated, prior to recorded history, as far back as 8,000 years ago, among Hindu’s, Tibetan monks, African witch doctors, Egyptians, Romans and even the rune dice of the Vikings (using dice with rune symbols). Fortune telling with dice may not enjoy immense popularity today, but Romany Gypsies are still known for prophesizing with dice at fun fairs for entertainment purposes.
Of all the different types of fortune telling methods this one does not cost a large sum of money. And you will NOT need to look for an accompanying booklet to master this unique pocket oracle. Experts suggest that high-quality wooden dice have good vibes and are quite responsive. However, if you have a game of dice in any type of natural material, or have a striking dice set of the plastic variety, go ahead and use them.
There is a metaphysical adage to ‘divine short’, which fits the dice perfectly. Fortune telling with dice is simple and offers a novel way to get good advice in succinct answers, with scant need for clarification.
Dice Fortune Telling Tips
- Divination dice games hold more magic when used in sacred spaces
- Never tell your own fortune with dice on Monday or Wednesday. And it is also considered bad juju to read the dice for the same person more than three times daily.
- The good news is that dice revel in ‘yes’ or ‘no’ questions. Merely hold a die and state the person’s question aloud. Toss the dice in a playful way. Even numbers indicate ‘yes’; odd numbers signify ‘no’. Easy-peasy?
- With three dice, you engage greater forces to receive insights and guidance about past, present and future events. Have the querent put their attention on a situation, which is happening in their life now. Cast three dice in a manner that lines them up in a row. The die on the left represents the past. An even number reveals circumstances leading to the current event were positive; odd number indicates it was negative. The center die symbolizes the now. An odd number portends the current condition is static, it won’t get worse; an even number suggests a positive final outcome.
Ask the person whose fortune you’re telling with dice to state her current situation out loud. (Just like you would do with tarot cards or a crystal ball) Then, throw the dice again, this time adding the number of dots. Like in Numerology, the idea is to always calculate the sum of the dice down to a single digit number.
What are the meanings for dice fortune telling?
Here are the 9 answers for the current moment in each dice fall. Each traditional meaning has been passed along orally for generations:
- Change in circumstances coming soon
- New romance / love interest
- Surprising news fulfils your fancies
- Unpleasant surprise, probably financial loss, possibly a difficult matter in a relationship
- You will be trusted with a secret
- Three auspicious things will happen
- Business or love connection brings success, either new friends, new love, or good luck with a gambling win
Even if you don’t have a psychic bone in your body, you can read spots on the dice. It’s a splendid party game. Better yet, dice fortune telling is just plain fun.
These psychics reveal your destiny through the power of fortune telling. They answer your questions by accurately predicting the future. Start your free reading now - chat live online or by phone with a fortune teller for a future full of promise and hope! Learn more > >
Keep your kindred spirits informed by sharing this article . . .
Wiki - Astragalomancy