Elements Of The Chinese Zodiac.
Which One Impacts Your Destiny?
Richi Who is the verified author of this post.
The five elements of the Chinese zodiac can impact your destiny in different ways depending on the year of your animal sign. To figure out your element you only need to look at the last number in your birth year and match it to the element listed below.
A real psychic see things clearly from a more elevated place to provide answers and give you quality advice. Each of our trusted psychic advisors have ratings and reviews from people just like you. Get 3 free minutes and 50% off!
How do I find my Chinese zodiac element?
The last number in the year of your birth will match with one of the elements of the Chinese zodiac.
- 0 or 1 = Metal
- 2 or 3 = Water
- 4 or 5 = Wood
- 6 or 7 = Fire
- 8 or 9 = Earth
In order to somewhat simplify what is an incredibly complex maze of interdependence, I am presenting the Chinese Elemental structure as a series of tables to highlight the various aspect of the Chinese way of interconnection of all things.
What are the 5 elements of the Chinese zodiac?
According to Chinese Astrology our Universe consists of:
Five Basic Elements
Everything, in the universe must have a relationship with these five elements, (this includes people). In addition to applying to every physical thing in the world, these five elements also apply to: colors, directions, seasons, sounds, years, months, days, hours, minutes, and seconds.
When applied to people, these elements are calculated from the time and date of birth. These elements are taken into account to expand on the animal signs and to give an insight into the psyche of the person concerned, their inherent tendencies and their personalities in general.
Traditional Chinese medicine also uses this 5 Element theory as a basis of diagnosis and treatment. It is vital to understand that in Chinese philosophy - everything is inter-related and interdependent. This is in sharp contrast to "Western" philosophy and methodology where differing fields are considered in isolation.
Associations Between The 5 Elements Of The Chinese Zodiac
Also referred to as: conducive, beneficial, congenial, friendly, supporting and generating.
- Water generates Wood - Water is the mother of Wood
- Wood generates Fire - Wood is the mother of Fire
- Fire generates Earth - Fire is the mother of Earth
- Earth generates Metal - Earth is the mother of Metal
- Metal generates Water - Metal is the mother of Water
Also referred to as: defeating, overcoming and overwhelming the other elements.
- Water can extinguish Fire
- Wood can break the Earth
- Fire can melt Metal
- Earth can make Water disappear
- Metal can break Wood
Also referred to as: hostile, fighting, resisting, and mutually hurting one another.
- Water dislikes Fire
- Wood dislikes Earth
- Fire dislikes Metal
- Earth dislikes Water
- Metal dislikes Wood
People Types by The 5 Elements Of The Chinese Zodiac
Earth Element People:
- Are faithful and loyal
- Are idealistic and highly ambitious
- Exhibit a dual character
- Like to be looked up to
- Are loving and expect love in return
- They should avoid and stay away from moisture and marshy lands
Fire Element People:
- Have a magnetic and charismatic personality
- They are naturally happy and excited
- They wish to remain bound in their family group
- They dislike seclusion
- They are oversensitive and good messengers
- They should emotions and prefer cool climate
Water Element People:
- Are imaginative, philosophers and thinkers
- They are clever, scholarly and independent
- They may make up multiple professions
- They keep secrets to themselves
- They should avoid water-laden places
Metal Element People:
- They are excellent calculators
- They prefer to lead an orderly and principled life
- They like a well-balanced environment
- Quality is the creed of their life
- They should avoid arid places
Wood Element People:
- They are artists in the broad sense
- They are diligent in their profession
- They like to remain busy, have a good work ethic
- They can be wasteful with money
- They should avoid windy places
Whilst knowing the characteristics of the rat, ox, tiger, rabbit, dragon, snake, horse, sheep, monkey, rooster, dog and pig will give you an overview of your general outlook, it is important to know your type by the elements of the Chinese zodiac to get even more perspective.
Each element implies one kind of personality. In general, The Metal-type person is righteous, the Water-type person is smart, the Wood-type person is kind, the Fire-type person is polite and the Earth-type person is trustful.
Author - Richi Who
I first met 'Richi Who' (AKA Richard Philippe) in 1986 when I had moved to Magnetic Island in Queensland. Richi was leading a mystical, monkish, life at the time. He was living alone while caretaking the solitary house at Arthur Bay for its owner, the late, Sid Ward.
Richi became an integral part of my own spiritual initiation and was to become my psychic guide. His late-night mystic sessions on Arthur Bay filled my life with wonder while opening doors to other worlds.
Richi later became the first psychic reader I retained at my Ancient Wisdom Center and we stayed friends ever since. Sadly Richi Who passed away in 2013 while on holiday in Europe.
Read more by, and about, Richi Who > >