What Are The 7 Chakras In The Human Body Good For?
Ian Parkin is the verified author of this post.
What are the 7 chakras? They are psychic power centers, or whirlpools if you like, within the body, which pull energy into you and send it out. They define how we interact with people and the world around us, but on much more subtle levels. These energetic vortexes in the aura of the human body can affect your emotional, psychological and spiritual well-being.
Chakras, affect our daily lives, even although we may be completely unaware of their function. The interchange of energies amongst the psychic centers and interconnecting channels within auras has a direct impact upon our psychic development. Any blockages will therefore inhibit our psychic perception and limit the free flow of intuitive thought. As such understanding what and where the chakras are can be key to developing your psychic powers, healing, and the effectiveness of your prayers.
When asked "What Are The 7 Chakras?" Anodea Judith, an American chakra expert, describes them as psychic energy centers:
- "A center of activity that receives, assimilates and expresses life force energy. The word chakra literally translates as wheel or disk and refers to a spinning sphere of bioenergetics activity emanating from the major nerve ganglia branching forward from the spinal column. Generally, six of these wheels are described, stacked in a column of energy that spans from the base of the spine to the middle of the forehead, the seventh lying beyond the physical world. It is the six major chakras that correlate with basic states of consciousness"
Susan Shumsky, an expert in all matters spiritual, answers the question What Are The 7 Chakras? as:
- "Each chakra in your spinal column is believed to influence or even govern bodily functions near its region of the spine. Because autopsies do not reveal chakras, most people think they are a fancy of fertile imagination. Yet their existence is well documented in the traditions of the Far East"
The psychic energy centers connected within the spinal area are of great importance. These major chakras form a crucial part of what and who we are. They tune into different energy frequencies, which can be increased and developed helping you to realise higher levels of consciousness.
What Are The 7 Chakras? - Your FAQs Answered Here
Where are the 7 chakras located?
- There are seven major psychic centers found in the human aura. These 7 chakras are located in areas along the spinal column as follows. (#7) The crown chakra is at the very top of your head. (#6) The third eye chakra is located in your forehead area, just above and between your eyes. (#5) The location of your throat chakra speaks for itself. (But I sense it as ears, nose and throat.) (#4) The heart chakra spins within the central chest area in line with your own heart. (#3) Your solar plexus chakra is to be found (a little above midway) between your heart line and your belly button. (#2) The sacral chakra is located midway between your belly button and your crotch. (#1) Your root chakra is at the base of your spinal column - at the back side of your crotch.
What is the purpose of chakras?
- The purpose of these seven energy centers is to keep your body revitalized with life force energy. When properly aligned and activated, you can harness this energy to enhance your well-being, relationships, sex life, power, vitality and creativity.
What is the crown chakra responsible for?
- The crown chakra is the chakra of pure consciousness. It is responsible for inner wisdom and is our connection to the Universe. The crown chakra governs meditation, universal consciousness, unity, and beingness.
What does your third eye chakra do?
- Your third eye chakra governs access of intuition, visual consciousness, and intuitive clarity. The third eye chakra is responsible for balancing your higher and lower selves and helps you access your inner guidance and visual consciousness.
What does the throat chakra control?
- The throat chakra controls communication, independence, fluent thought and sense of security. It will assist your personal growth through expression. This chakra is linked to the thyroid.
Why is the heart chakra important and what does it symbolize?
- The heart chakra symbolizes your complex emotions, compassion, tenderness, unconditional love, equilibrium, rejection and well-being. The heart chakra is important to circulation, unconditional love, passion and devotion. The heart chakra is related to the thymus.
What is the function of the solar plexus chakra?
- The function of the solar plexus chakra is related to our metabolic and digestive systems, mental power, expansiveness and personal growth. It governs issues of personal power, fear, anxiety, introversion, opinion-forming.
What is the sacral chakra responsible for?
- The sacral chakra is the 2nd energy center from the base. It is responsible for issues of relationships, violence, addictions, pleasure and basic emotional needs. Your sacral chakra relates to reproductive organs, governing procreation, creativity, joy and enthusiasm.
What does the root chakra represent?
- The root chakra represents instinct and survival. This base chakra governs sexuality, stability, sensuality and security. Managing the energy of this chakra can help deal with matters of lust, sexual addiction and obsession.
To ask questions, add answers, or post comments about the chakras please use my contact form. Please start the conversation with the heading [Re: What Are The 7 Chakras].
Or if you're inspired to write an article on this subject please submit a guest post here.
This free video-streamed seminar will directly build from Anodea’s Wheels of Life book, which has sold more than 300,000 copies and is considered the classic in the field.
- A quick overview of the chakra system that resonates intuitively and works with Western psychology.
- The specific health and body challenges associated with each chakra — and practices that can address and heal each of them.
- How to differentiate between too much and too little “charge” in your system, and balance your life force appropriately.
- Ways to work with energetic blocks, and how to shift them more gracefully.
Click here to register for the free event.
Re: What Are The 7 Chakras?
Chakra Healing Information And Advice
Start with getting to know what are the 7 chakras. The chakras act as an energy and communication bridge between your physical body and, your mental body and your energetic body. And they have a massive impact upon the mind and body. Learn more > >
What Is A Chakra Used For In Healing Work?
These centers of life force allow the universal vibration and energy to connect you to the ‘divine source and your higher self’, allowing your intuition to be opened. With these chakra meanings you can be more aware of yourself and your surroundings. Learn more > >
What To Find In The Hawaiian Chakra System
A longstanding belief says that if Kauai (or any of the islands in the Hawaiian Chakra System) embraces you, it permits you to remain as long as you desire. However, unless the islands feel you are pure of heart and come with authentic intentions, they will repel you. Learn more > >
Meditations To Close Your Third Eye Chakra
When it comes to third eye meditations, I’ve noticed that the psychic and metaphysical groups online mostly talk about opening your third eye chakra. And there is little to no specific help on how to CLOSE it. So, here are two exercises you can use. Learn more > >
Grounding Chakras With Psychic Earthing Exercises
Earthing you and your chakras is important to keep your etheric body sound. With these psychic grounding techniques, you will restore your link with source while strengthening your awareness. And provide protection and healing to your aura and physical body. Learn more > >