The Candle Colors And Their Meanings
For Spell Casting Magic
Ian Parkin is the verified author of this post.
These 12 candle colors and their meanings stem from a long history of spiritual and religious practice. Learn how their burning flames behave in the spell casting magical arts.
The human eye can detect a staggering range of nearly 7,000,000 colors. The number of shades extant on the astral plane and seen by our mind's eye is arguably even greater. The idea that auras, thoughts and ideas all possess a visible form and thus color brings us to the logical conclusion that color must have some symbolism behind it. Over time, various shades have been given all sorts of different meanings but some ideas and interpretations on candle colors and their meanings have remained consistent throughout, keeping their correspondences from ancient Egyptian rituals to modern-day Wiccan magick.
Spell Casting Candle Colors And Their Meanings
What does a white candle represent?
- The white candle has the color meaning of purity and truth, emotional and sexual chastity, of honest, well intended thoughts and high moral standards. It purifies and cleanses everything around it, exerting a positive influence throughout.
What does a yellow candle symbolize?
- A yellow candle denotes intellect and an aura emanating it is a sure sign of a highly cerebral, logical person. Belonging to the element of Air, it brings clarity of word and thought but also protection from negative influences.
What does an orange candle represent?
- An orange candle is of a similar ilk, symbolizing eloquence, attraction, ambition, legal matters and overall success. Communication is its main characteristic. It promotes adaptability and mental agility while gravitating towards justice at all times.
What is the use of red spell candle?
- The red spell candle has the elemental color of Fire, passion and lust. With vigor and courage, it emanates an assertive masculine energy and prompts everyone to action. It can also stand for enemies, danger, and open conflict.
What does a pink spell candle symbolize?
- A pink candle on the other hand symbolizes friendship, sweet romance, feelings of intimacy and tenderness. It brings us compassion and love for our fellow man - it exudes femininity and its caring, nurturing nature.
What does purple mean in candle magic?
- Purple candles have been associated with royalty since the time of ancient Egyptians. Lofty idealism and ancestral wisdom are its strongest points. It often amplifies other energies, helping you open your third eye, connect to your higher self and communicate with ascended beings. It also denotes ambition and power.
What does a blue candle mean spiritually?
- Blue candles are linked to the element of water and water is a symbol of spiritual energy. Blue spell candles can help with dream work, health magic and healing, developing intuition, and establishing peace and tranquility. Blue is also the color of honor.
What is the use of green spell candle?
- The green spell candle has the element of Earth bringing fertility, growth and rejuvenation. It is linked to herbal healing and plant magic in general but also to luck and success, especially when it comes to acquiring financial gain and achieving abundance.
What do brown candles represent?
- The brown candle's earthy color is grounding and stable, often related to family and friends but also protection of familiars and pets. It aids with concentration and determination to get things done.
What does a black spell candle mean?
- Black spell candles are possibly the only ones to have a distinctly negative vibe to them. Black being a color of night, dark magic, negation, destruction, it absorbs and often annihilates everything that comes its way. Being a symbol of destruction and banishing, it also helps positively in getting rid of nasty habits and evil influences. Blackness is the result of an absence of light and colors.
What does a golden spell candle represent?
- Gold colored candles utilize the color of daytime, the Sun and the deeply masculine Great God. Its cosmic influences attract happiness and make it another winning hue that carries potential financial gain.
What is the meaning of a silver candle?
- A silver candle on the other hand symbolizes nighttime, the Moon and the feminine energy of the Great Goddess. It inspires reflection, intuition, awakens the unconscious mind and opens channels to clairvoyance and telepathy.
How the flames effect candle colors and their meanings.
What color candle is used for love?
- A pink candle represents friendship, affection and romantic love. And the flames can reveal more specifics. When burning a pink candle and observing the flame emit black smoke it is a sign of negative energy being removed from you. If the flame goes out and then relights itself, it is a sign of your guardian spirits detecting positive or negative vibes in you. Don’t extinguish this candle before they can assist you. If you burn a pink candle for help in matters of love and the flame splits in two or more parts, it can mean a relationship split is being foreseen. The flame split in two is indicating an amicable parting of the ways. The flame split in three suggests the relationship is being sabotaged by an outsider.
What does a dancing flame mean on a candle?
- A strong flame that bounces and flickers powerfully would indicate a higher level of energy going into your spell casting compared to a very small flame that appears weak. If your candle is not dancing strongly enough, try raising your emotions and get more specific in your visualization.
Whether it be manifesting love, money, or friendship, spell casting is one of the most effective ways to bring about life change. All it takes is one spell to turn everything around! Let one our talented psychics cast the spell that will make your dreams reality. Get spell casting help today > >
Comments About Spell Candle Colors And Their Meanings
Chakras with Candle Colors And Their Meanings ? - by M Chandra (Bloomington, IN, USA)
I find it interesting that seven of these colors are associated to the basic human chakra system. Being 1) Red/Root - 2) Orange/Sacral - 3) Yellow/Solar Plexus - 4) Green/Heart - 5) Blue/Throat - 6) Purple/Eye - 7) Violet/Crown
To ask questions, add answers, or comments about this page please use my contact form. Please start the conversation with the heading [About Candle Colors And Their Meanings].
Or if you're inspired to write an article on this subject please submit a guest post here.
Do you know anyone else who would like to see this page?