The Candle Colors And Their Meanings For Magic Spells & Rituals
Ian Parkin is the author of this post.
These different candle colors and their meanings stem from a long history in ancient wisdom, the spiritual realm, and religious practice, as well as new age color therapy. Learn how the burning flames of the right candle color behave in the spell casting magical arts.
The human eye can detect a staggering range of nearly 7,000,000 different colors. The number of different frequencies in the color spectrum extant on the astral plane and seen by our mind's eye is arguably even greater.
The idea that auras, thoughts and ideas all possess a visible form and thus color brings us to the logical conclusion that each shade must have some color symbolism behind it.
Over time, various shades have been given all sorts of different meanings, but some ideas and interpretations on candle symbolism have remained consistent throughout, keeping their correspondences from ancient Egyptian rituals for use in modern-day Wiccan color magick.
FAQs: The Spell Casting Candle Colors And Their Meanings
What does a white candle represent?
- The white color of a candle has the meaning of purity and truth, emotional and sexual chastity, of honest, well intended thoughts and high moral standards. It purifies and cleanses everything around it, exerting a positive influence throughout. The pure white light color of the candle is ideal for encouraging new beginnings.
What does a yellow candle symbolize?
- Yellow candles denote intellect and an aura emanating it is a sure sign of a highly cerebral, logical person. Belonging to the element of Air, it brings mental clarity of word and thought but also spiritual protection from negative influences.
What does an orange candle represent?
- Orange candles are of a similar ilk, symbolizing eloquence, attraction, ambition, legal matters and overall success. Communication is its main characteristic. It promotes adaptability and mental agility while gravitating towards justice at all times.
What is the use of red spell candle?
- The red spell candle has the color element of fire in the physical world, and relates to passion and lust. With vigor and courage, the color red emanates an assertive masculine energy and prompts everyone to action. The burning of red candles can also bring protection from enemies, danger, and open conflict.
What does a pink spell candle symbolize?
- Pink candles on the other hand symbolizes friendship, sweet romance, feelings of intimacy and tenderness. It brings us compassion and unconditional love for our fellow man - pink exudes femininity and its caring, nurturing nature.
What does purple mean in candle magic?
- The color purple has played the important role as the color of royalty since the time of ancient Egyptians. Lofty idealism and ancestral wisdom are its strongest points. Burning purple candles can amplify psychic powers, helping you open your third eye, connect to your higher self and communicate with ascended beings. Purple candle magick fuels ambitious personal power. Burn lavender candles for spiritual growth.
What does a blue candle mean spiritually?
- Blue candles are linked to the element of water and blue water is a spiritual color and symbol. Royal blue spell candles can help with spiritual practices, dream work, and developing psychic abilities. Use a light blue lit candle for health magic and establishing peace and tranquility. Use a dark blue candle for emotional healing and blocking negative energies. Blue is also known as the color of honor.
What is the use of a green spell candle?
- The color green has the element of Earth bringing fertility, growth and rejuvenation. Green candles are linked to herbal healing and green earth plant magic in general but also to good luck and success, especially when it comes to financial success and abundance.
What do brown candles represent?
- The brown candle's earthy color is grounding and stable, often related to family and friends but also protection of familiars and pets. Brown aids with concentration and determination to get things done.
What does a black spell candle mean?
- Black candles are possibly the only ones to have a distinctly negative vibe to them. The color black represents night, black magick, negation, destruction, it absorbs and often annihilates everything that comes its way. Being a symbol of destruction and banishing, it also helps positively in getting rid of nasty bad habits and evil influences. Blackness is the result of an absence of light and colors.
What are the gray candle color meanings?
- Gray candles balance the Yin and Yang energies (depressing negative attitudes of black and the positive energy of white). They can be used in different ways for reversing bad spells, bad luck and banishing unwanted things like annoying people and entities from the spiritual world. Think of your grey candle as an eraser of magical power.
What does a golden spell candle represent?
- Gold candles utilize the color of daytime, the Sun and the deeply masculine Great God. The cosmic influences of the color gold will attract happiness, good fortune, and make it another winning hue that carries potential financial gain.
What is the meaning of a silver candle?
- A silver candle on the other hand symbolizes nighttime, the Moon and the feminine energy of the Great Goddess. It inspires reflection, spiritual enlightenment, awakens the unconscious mind and opens channels to psychic receptivity like intuition, clairvoyance, and telepathy.
How the flames effect candle colors and their meanings.
What color candle is used for love?
- A pink candle represents friendship, affection and romantic love. And the flames can reveal more specifics. When burning a pink candle on your wiccan altar observe if the flame emits black smoke. This is a sign of negative energy being removed from you. If the flame goes out and then relights itself, it is a sign of your guardian spirits detecting positive vibes or negative vibes in you. Don’t extinguish this candle before they can assist you. If you burn a pink candle for help in matters of love and the flame splits in two or more parts, it can mean a relationship split is being foreseen. The flame split in two is indicating an amicable parting of the ways. The flame split in three suggests the relationship is being sabotaged by an outsider.
What does a dancing flame mean on a candle?
- A strong flame that bounces and flickers powerfully would indicate a higher level of energy going into your spell casting compared to a very small flame that appears weak. If your candle is not dancing strongly enough, the important thing is to try raising your emotions and get more specific in your visualization.
Whether it be manifesting love, money, or friendship, spell casting is one of the most effective ways to bring about life change. All it takes is one spell to turn everything around! Let one our talented psychics cast the spell that will make your dreams reality. Get spell casting help today > >
Keep your kindred spirits informed by sharing this article . . .
Comments About Wicca Candle Colors And Their Meanings
Chakras with Candle Colors And Their Meanings ? - by M Chandra (Bloomington, IN, USA)
I find it interesting that a candle’s color is associated to each basic human chakra. The different colored candles for each chakra being 1) Red/Root - 2) Orange/Sacral - 3) Yellow/Solar Plexus - 4) Green/Heart - 5) Blue/Throat - 6) Purple/Eye - 7) Violet/Crown
To ask questions, add answers, or comments about this page please use my contact form. Please start the conversation with the heading [About Candle Colors And Their Meanings].
Or if you're inspired to write an article on this subject please submit a guest post here.
Wiki - Incantations