How To Write Affirmations So The Law Of Attraction Works For You
Ian Parkin is the author of this post.
Learn how to write affirmations that effectively become verbal remedies magnetically passing through your mind. This is the way to get the law of attraction working for you fast.
What are affirmations?
- Affirmations are positive statements that can tweak your self-talk into a law of attraction engaging verbal remedy. When repetitively speaking or thinking a phrase of words it is an affirmation, and you are declaring something specific is true to your subconscious mind. You may be doing this already, but in an uncontrolled negative thinking manner instead. Every day we make judgmental remarks about our finances, health, and life, either in jest, a negative thought, or as a colorful comment, but our brain and the universe, hears it.
People from your past, parents, teachers, friends, and ex-lovers have provided fodder for your belief system. What they said and how firmly it embedded in your mind will make a difference in your future actions. Those ideas aren't necessarily in your best interest, nor do they allow you to achieve the heights you were meant to achieve. If you find yourself with limiting ideas on what you're capable of doing or achieving, you need to improve your belief system so that it reflects success. And a simple way to do that is to learn how to write affirmations in a way that will have the most positive effect on your future outcomes. I call them Attractive Affirmations because they are worded to empower the Law of Attraction to work for you - not against you.
How To Write Affirmations That Attract? Make Them Personal, Present, And Positive.
Can repeating affirmations change your life?
There are two very different schools of thought on the way the affirmed message will make things happen. However, both agree using affirmations works.
- Some believe that using daily positive affirmations will change your thought processes and subconsciously help you achieve your goals. They believe that you'll be more aware of opportunities for success when you have a successful belief system.
- Others believe you're sending the message to the Universe and accept the good results as a message back from the Great Spirit to them. They use the power of belief in a force bigger than themselves, much like the power of prayer.
It doesn't matter who is right. What matters is the fact that writing affirmations can help change your life.
How do you do an affirmation?
- Knowing how to write an affirmation becomes a powerful tool for both personal and business development. You can write down your attractive affirmation with the words phrased in the right way and then regularly repeat them aloud to make them even stronger and more potent. Some people record them with soft music in the background and listen to the recording as they doze off to sleep. This relaxed state helps the message become more firmly set in the brain, since the conscious mind is in a resting state. The addition of music reinforces the message entering through both the right and left hemisphere. You can also use bright colors and artistic flair to write it to achieve the same success. Your mind is focused on the art, while gently absorbing the message.
Positive affirmations can help in quitting smoking, losing weight, making more money, improving relationships, or increasing your confidence. Decide what you want from life creating a concise, but vivid picture of it in a short positive affirmation. Some people actually find it helps to make it rhyme and give it a catching rhythm, so it sticks in your head and revisits your brain throughout the day. (Such as Émile Coué's optimistic autosuggestion that is still often used - "Everyday, in every way . . .").
You can be the master of your destiny when you know how to use your own affirmations correctly. It can not only help you identify what you really want in life, it helps you achieve it.
Knowing how to create affirmations for ourselves correctly, then reading or listening to them repetitively will affect our subconscious minds, which in turn reshapes and affects the way we think, our actions, and behavior. Your conscious mind, the mind you think with, starts this process, and then your subconscious mind takes charge.
The specifically formed words and phrases become frequent subconscious thoughts that ultimately affect your life and your destiny. Working like commands given to a computer, they influence you, others, events, and circumstances. However strange this may seem to you, the power of affirmations can be something that will influence the people you meet, your circumstances, and the events you encounter.
Know How To Write Affirmations And Why They Really Work
How do you write powerful affirmations for yourself?
- Write your affirmations as though you are experiencing what you desire right now. There should be certain key elements when you scribe your positive thoughts into a verbal remedy that resolves a dissatisfaction. You should write your affirmations as an expression of being so happy and grateful that the problem in your situation has already been solved. I like to call them Attractive Affirmations - meaning they are affirmations that WILL attract what you want.
The Three Ps
The 3 Ps of Attractive Affirmations are (1) Personal (2) Present (3) Positive
Starting with an "I Am" makes it both personal and present. Affirmations in the present tense and stating the positive ensures you attract what you DO want. (Negative statements bring to you what you don’t want). So, remember, when you write your affirmations make sure you keep it personal to you and use the present tense with a positive statement in each.
Short and Sweet
The most effective affirmations are short and sweet. If you start writing a short story you are cramming too many wishes into one affirmation. Communicating with our subconscious minds and the universal intelligence is more effective the more simplistic it is.
Add the Magic Dust - Emotion
Emotion is an affective state of consciousness in which joy, sorrow, fear, hate, or the like, is experienced. Attractive Affirmations use JOY-ful and LOVE-ing emotions. Did you know that the word origin of Emotion is a 1570-80 French word called esmovoir - meaning: to set in motion? All emotions set things in motion. JOY and LOVE will set in motion what you DO want. (Rather than Sorrow, Fear, and Hate which set in motion more of what you don’t want).
Frame with Gratitude
When you include personal feelings of gratitude for already having that which you are affirming for, you are perfectly framing your own affirmations. They are written with emotion and the 3 Ps.
A common experience for affirmation newbies is that you sabotage the process because you are quite aware that you do not yet have what you are hoping to manifest. For example: “I am deliriously happy in a relationship with the love of my life” Then that little negativity devil on your shoulder reminds you: “But I’ve been single for ten years, I never meet anyone new and the one I fancy is married!”. I learned a long time ago to counter this by adding my effective affirmation insurance at the end [and everything helped this to happen]. “I am deliriously happy in a relationship with the love of my life – and everything helped this to happen”
Faux Pas in Affirmations
There are many (so called) experts making blunders in their affirmative advice on the web. It is clear that they DO NOT know how to create an affirmation correctly. For instance . . . because we cannot NOT think of the words used in our affirmations it is very important not to include negative thoughts about yourself in your statements.
- For instance, if you tell yourself - "Do NOT imagine a purple elephant with green ears". In just saying this sentence (in your mind) you HAVE to picture a - purple elephant with green ears - just to understand the content of words you are saying. And Hey Presto - you have got this animal in your mind's eye. Add some emotional magic dust (if you hated purple elephants) and you are on your way to get more of what you don’t want.
How do you make your affirmations for a relationship?
- "Every day in every way I share my life with my love." I accept and enjoy my relationship filled with love." "I am in love." " . . . and everything helped this to happen."
How do you make your affirmations for happiness?
- "I accept and enjoy the happiness that flows through my life." Happiness is mine is all around me." "Every day in every way I'm filled with gratitude for my freedoms." I am filled with happy thoughts and the happy things that find me."
Examples Of Affirmative Bloopers
This is how to write affirmations that backfire!
There are some classic faux pas to be found in much of the available (expert?) affirmation advice on the web.
- “I love facing challenges for the growth they bring to me”. This will surely fill your life with challenges! I would reframe this into something that included “my life runs so smoothly; I’m having an abundance of fun".
- “I will die before I give up” This one is definitely NOT recommended!
- “I am now free from my bad habits” Whoops, this will keep those bad habits strongly attached.
- “I let go of worries that drain my energy” Oh Dear, at best this will put you in bed for a week!
These are from actual lists of positive affirmations on the internet. Very scary indeed! So do be careful who you follow for advice on affirmations!
While I’m talking good and bad affirmations, I’d like to share my ‘empowered version’ of The Serenity Prayer.
Penned originally by twentieth century American theologian, Reinhold Niebuhr, (who did not know how to write attractive affirmations), this prayer has been adopted by Alcoholics Anonymous and other twelve-step programs in this rather unfortunate, and highly dis-empowering form.
God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
The courage to change the things I can,
And the wisdom to know the difference.
By simply re-scripting with my 'PPP' golden rule you will have my magically empowering version of:
"I serenely accept the things I cannot change",
"I courageously change the things I can",
"and my inner wisdom clarifies the difference".
How can I use affirmations that still maintain my religious beliefs?
- Simply frame with gratitude. For instance: “Thank you (God, Allah, Great Spirit, Jesus, Mohammed, Buddha, All That Is, Angelic Force, Mother Nature) for giving me . . . the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference".
Keep your kindred spirits informed by sharing this article . . .
My Free Coaching and Intuitive Guidance
In the following pages I've provided enough information, in sequence, to help you work your way towards your destiny in your own time and at your own pace. You can call on me for my personal help in any area along the way.
The Psychic Life Coach With Your Destiny At Heart
My psychic life coaching and intuitive guidance is the most helpful way to examine what’s going on in your life and figure out where you can take it. You may have been looking for a reading, but you’ve found a plan to lead you towards your destiny. Learn more > >
The RAS + Emotion Will Set Your Goals In Motion
If you want to master the Law Of Attraction and Creative Visualization you will need to grasp an understanding of how important it is to create your future with the aid of your reticular activating system (RAS). Learn more > >
How To Write Affirmations With The Most Attractive Results
The fastest way to get the law of attraction working for you is to know how to write affirmations correctly in the first place. Here are the key elements you need to construct your own truly Attractive Affirmations. Learn more > >
What Are The Secrets Of Creative Visualization?
Learn how to use mental imagery and affirmations to produce positive life changes with the law of attraction. Here is a synopsis of a bestselling book by Shakti Gawain. Because I believe she is the best person in the world to ask about the secrets of creative visualization. Learn more> >
How To Master The Law of Attraction And Manifestation
Questioning how you ask the universe for what you want? Here are 5 law of attraction and manifestation secrets to open your flow: Focus on what you want, remember things will happen, don't worry about the how, create the energy, and make small positive changes. Learn more > >
What Is Intuition, And How Do I Get It?
Learning about intuition in theory only takes you so far. To understand it well you must experience it. Here are some scenarios for developing intuition that will make it true for you. Because what you want is consistent, reliable intuition on demand. Learn more > >
The Way Of Personal Development
Inspired by the far-reaching psychology of Abraham H Maslow (1908 – 1970) and the timeless spirituality of Lao-Tzu’s (600 BC) ‘Tao Te Ching’ I have created The Way of Personal Development. Learn more > >