Developing Your Psychic Abilities
For Absolute Beginners
Larry Armstead is the verified author of this post.
Developing Your Psychic Abilities In 6 Steps. I’ve said over and over again that we are all born psychic and somewhere along the way, we are taught to not invest or believe in the gift and subsequently, we lose immediate access to it. It becomes harder to tune into. I like to use this analogy: anyone can sing but not everyone is Whitney Houston.
To sing, all one has to do is use their voice to string together a series of notes and pitches (whether they sound pretty or not). Anyone can do that. But to master singing where it’s pleasing to the ear, you have control, can match and maintain pitch, readily use dynamics, and employ breath control like a Whitney Houston is something altogether different. Not everyone will have the discipline to practice and train to be masterful. It is the exact same with psychic gifting.
There are those who really do desire to become masterful with their innate psychic gift and below, I’ve put together the following six exercises to start developing your psychic abilities. While this is not an exhaustive list, it is enough to get you started on the right path:
6 Steps For Developing Your Psychic Abilities
- Meditation. Meditation is king when it comes to developing your psychic abilities! There is no away around meditating. I cannot emphasize the importance of it enough. Meditation is simply the activity that causes you to zone out, kind of like when you are sitting in traffic and your mind drifts away from the traffic and you are on auto-pilot. This tends to happen for me when I shower or take a walk. Find that activity and focus on your breath and letting your thoughts simply happen.
- Gut instinct. Make sure you pay attention to the gut instinct innate in all of us. How many times have you said or heard it said, “I just had a feeling that…” That feeling is your intuition/gut instinct. Learn to listen to and obey that instinct.
- Trust yourself. One of the biggest obstacles in developing this gift is trusting yourself. Trusting that you are developing and not making things up. We are all born psychic and intuitive. It is only a matter of trusting yourself when you tap into it.
- Awareness. Start to become aware of the world around you so that you can enjoy the smells, sights, and sounds that you experience. How close was the sound of that firetruck? How does it smell outside? What color was that butterfly? How big was it? Begin paying attention and become aware in every situation.
- Journaling. Begin journaling, paying special attention to coincidences and déjà vu events that you encounter throughout the day. Journal things that you dream about. Also, take some time to try automatic writing—that is, begin writing and let the words flow out of you without thinking and see what comes up.
- Put your ego on ice. That is, let go of the necessity to be right in every situation. Look at each situation as a learning experience so you can be sure you’re learning what spirit would have you to learn in daily life.
Start with these six daily practices and you will see a dramatic increase in the synchronicities and presence/awareness of your intuition in your daily life.
Meet The Author - ParaLarry
Larry Armstead (or ParaLarry) is a psychic medium who has been doing readings for over 15 years. He first amassed his following on Reddit providing low cost readings and since then, he has opened his own website at ParaLarry.com (cannot be linked while site is not secured by https) to further share his gift. If you would like to learn more about psychic development, be sure to visit for more information.
Read More Of ParaLarry's Guest Posts
- Step 1 - what area of expertise do you need?
- Step 2 - which type of reading do you prefer?
- Step 3 - what level of experience fits your needs?
Use this wizard to connect with your perfect online psychic today!
Do you know anyone else who would like to see this page?