Auras: What They Are, How To See One, And What Each Color Means
Ian Parkin is the author of this post.
What Is My Aura?
- Your aura is a strong electro-magnetic energy field surrounding your physical body. This band of colored energy surrounds, and can be sensed around, all living thing things in nature, plants, trees, animals, birds, and people.
Are there times when you feel uncomfortable in crowded places? Are there moments when you feel as if your space is being invaded? Can some people only come so close to you? This is most likely a reaction triggered by your own auric field when someone else's is intruding upon yours. You can often experience this subtle force field in a room full of people, where its varying energies, positive and negative, are being interchanged.
How To See Your Aura
To see aura energy is a matter of taking your eyes slightly out of focus. If you've ever been able to see those holographic picture-in-a-picture things, then you shouldn't have any trouble seeing these feint glows as you do the same thing with your eyes.
If you had no luck whatsoever the first time you tried to see auras, go to a bookstore and grab a bunch of those holograph picture books and sit there until you learn to relax your eyes and see the hidden pictures. You shouldn’t have any trouble seeing the auras connected to everyone after that.
You can practice by yourself, but it’s better with the help of a with a partner. Have someone stand with their back against a pale colored wall and it is best to be in a dimly lit room. Have your partner hold one finger in front of their face, about 6 inches out from their chin. Now you want to focus each eye on their finger, not their face. Have them take their fingers away but keep looking at the same spot. You'll have to relax your eyes a bit to do this.
Now, using that same relaxed vision, if you look at them you should be able to see what looks like a little layer of energy that runs all around them a couple of inches out from their body. The next out is hazier, but each will have colors associated with it.
Play with this a bit. Does their auric color change when they think happy thoughts? Sad thoughts? Angry thoughts? When you question them about certain people and their relationships?
Some people can see auric energy instantly and others must work at it. Don't be put off if it takes a while. As you work with this, you'll gradually become aware of even more subtle layers of energy that surround people. You may also find that you can sense another person's chakras and even discern which is their dominant chakra, which tells you instantly how that person is likely to react to any given stimuli.
There are seven layers with aura colors, but the most accessible to the human perception are the first, second, and third layers surrounding the human body. An aura’s subtle colors can be seen with the eyes wide open, as well as being sensed psychically with the eyes closed.
The different meanings of the colors vary widely depending on who you're talking to. My personal advice in this area is to always see for yourself and open your awareness to find out what color seem to be associated most often with which types of people and their behaviors over time. But to get you started, here are the basic interpretations I know of where each color represents personality traits with positive and negative qualities. What color is your aura?
What Each Aura Color Says About Us!
- This is a confusing color. There is nothing wrong with black in one's auric field. Black generally means one is shielding oneself from outside energies. This can also mean being unbalanced; one is hiding something or keeping secrets. A black ring usually indicates some form of abuse, adults who have not dealt with early abuse will carry this black ring till they some head way to healing the memory.
- This comes through in different shades. Gifted people express shades of blue in their aura. Intuitive people will show pale blue coloration within the purple bursting out like rays of sunshine, emanating from the heart outwards. A deeper blue can indicate loneliness. A very deep blue shows devotion, honesty and good judgment whereas muddier shades of blue reflects a domineering person or a tendency towards depression.
- This can indicate personal growth. Seen around the head and with other colors emanating in combination, it indicates a person who is developing mentally, intuitively and organizing within. Brown by itself can express lack of energy, or one who has become “stagnant”.
- Indicates the energy of spirituality and of being in tune with your own self. A muddy gold color represents one has not really come to terms with one's higher spiritual levels.
- Usually seen around a thinker, an analytical person. The yellow aura could indicate a “balanced” person. Intelligent people show this color around their heads.
- A green aura is a sign that someone is sympathetic to others, dependable and has healing abilities. Muddier shade could indicate jealousy- like “green with envy”. Because green is the color of the heart chakra clear vibrantly fresh greens emanate when the subject is feeling a lot of love.
- Can indicate intuition and creativity. Silvery gray shows femininity while darker gray can mean secretiveness, physical imbalance, or a hidden health issue.
- A bright orange aura means one is growing emotionally and paranormally. A dull shade means a person is unsure how to accept this growth. Muddy orange shows in a person with too much pride.
- The color of clarity and honesty. Pink also depicts the quieter nature of an artistic and creative person. A dark pink color of your aura may indicate immaturity or changes with one's life path. But take care - dull pink can mean someone is lying.
- The color of spirit and intuition. A deeper purple hue shows a strong- willed and passionate person. It can also reflect intense erotic imagination and being over-bearing.
- A color of psychical emotions. Love or hate are both strong emotional feelings and carry a lot of energy. Associated with the root chakra an intense red aura color may indicate a person is ungrounded and ready to start flying off the handle.
Colors are an important aspect of auric reading. When reading the auric field of others be sure to trust your own intuition over any hard and fast meanings such as these you see written here and elsewhere.
Which Color Is My Aura And What Does It Tell About Me?
Click here to meet a psychic aura reader who can help you find out the color of your aura and what it will say about you and your energy.
Keep your kindred spirits informed by sharing this article . . .
You may also like these
Learn how to test psychic abilities using your clairvoyance with a free online Zener ESP Card game. Plus, exercises to practice with dreaming and seeing auras.
Would you like to understand your aura colors and their meanings? Each of the seven electromagnetic, entwined rings are subject to fascinating interpretation.
Vitali-Chi's range of aura cleansing sprays with natural vibrational healing properties include Super Psychic, Advanced Soul and Super Aura & Chakra Repair.
It is worth knowing how to cleanse the aura because, no matter how pure a channel you are, you can still be affected by the negative energy emissions of others.
Interpreting human aura colors and meanings and how they specifically relate to you. Each color is an electromagnetic frequency emanating from your body.