Am I A Psychic Or Not And How To Know For Sure?
Ian Parkin is the verified author of this post.
Am I a psychic or not? And how can I know for sure? Well, for a start, your intuition has led you here right now – so that is a good sign. Because it takes one to know one, I have compiled a list of questions and clues for you that will reveal the truth.
Have you experienced unexplained nostalgia or moments of deja vu? Perhaps you’ve sensed the presence of a person nearby but when you look around, you realize you’re alone. If you relate with any of these examples, it’s possible you do indeed have psychic ability.
Am I A Psychic Or Not And How To Know For Sure?
As adept psychics we have extra sensory perception of the world and the people around us. Often we are very sensitive to physical and supernatural auras. We have higher levels of intuition, can predict future events, experience vivid dreams and have certain special senses.
I believe we are all psychic to some level, but for the majority of people the gift or the belief has been long knocked out of them. Educated out is another way of looking at it. Many professional psychics have grown up in a psychic friendly environment. Perhaps a grand-parent or parent with the knowledge has helped bring the extra sense out in the open and encouraged its use. But there are as many practicing psychics who have not had the benefit of caring psychic guidance and who have still managed to develop and hone this natural sixth sense.
Some people don’t actually realize they have psychic powers until an event causes an awakening. Some natural triggers are:
- Accident or near death experience
- Death of a loved one
- Birth of a child
- Witnessing an emotional event
Good psychics aren’t special, just comfortable with this natural yet ‘extra’ sensory perception in one form or another. There are plenty of us who have allowed the pressures of modern day living to wind us up so that our mental activity is buzzing away at a really fast pace. It can be very difficult to slow down and divert our conscious mind so that we may focus on the more subtle levels of sub-consciousness - found through the slower brainwave frequencies of Alpha and Theta.
Questions That Will Reveal Your Psychic Ability
Do you have high levels of intuition?
- Can you usually tell who is calling your phone before you have checked the caller ID or have you been able to predict an event before it happens? Psychics have high levels of intuition and they can usually predict the actions of a person before they act.
Are you good at sensing someone is lying?
- Psychics are sensitive to other people’s emotions and can tell if someone is being dishonest. No matter how genuine they seem, you can tell they’re false.
Can you communicate with animals and understand how they feel?
- If you’re a psychic it’s possible for you to interact with animals and you are aware of their consciousness.
Have you had a dream or a vision that’s come true?
- Do you regularly have feelings of deja vu? Everything seems so familiar and yet you’re certain you’ve never been there before. Psychics often have vivid dreams or visions about the future.
Have you ever sensed an invisible presence?
- Have you been alone and yet you’ve sensed the presence of another person nearby? It’s possible you felt a paranormal aura. Most psychics are sensitive to the auras around them and they can usually feel the presence of the supernatural.
Are you drawn toward the supernatural?
- Psychics are naturally drawn toward the paranormal and unexplained because they can sense auras that other people cannot feel.
Can you hear someone call your name even though they’re nowhere near you?
- The power of telepathy lets psychics hear people from faraway distances. You can usually tell someone you know is in trouble or they need help.
Have you been able to heal anyone?
- Psychics are able to channel their energy (Reiki) to the ill and help them heal.
Do you See or Hear Dead People?
- People with various levels of awareness of people who have died are known as psychic mediums. While the dead rarely give good advice for the living, they are able to provide love and reassurance of life after death to those left behind.
In his book SynchroDesitiny Deepak Chopra wrote… "In most people’s experience, the past resides only in memory and the future resides only in imagination. But at the spiritual level, the past and the future and all the different probabilities of life exist simultaneously. Everything is happening all at once. . . . . People who are tuned in to the deeper self can access this deeper domain because this self is not separate from the universe. The Buddhists say that your “self” is an inter-being that is interlinked with all that exists. You are inseparably part of the quantum soup."
More Clues of Psychic Ability (in no particular order)
Occasionally or often you will . . . .
- Feel like you have met a person before when you have not.
- Experience a tingling sensation in your hands as if an invisible energy is passing through them.
- Feel uncomfortable for no apparent reason when you are in a building, location, or with certain people.
- Likewise feel very comfortable for no real reason in locations or with certain people.
- Feel drained of energy in the company of others. Likewise feel full of energy with others.
- Sense the energy that flows through nature and around you.
- See or feel the colored energy around people. (Aura)
- Unreasonably ascertain when people speak untruthfully.
- Be drawn to the paranormal, spirituality, mystics and other psychics.
- Experience legitimate premonitions in dreams.
- Make decisions based on gut feelings over logic.
- Help alleviate pain in others just by touching them.
- See visions of objects, faces, colors in your mind’s eye, even if you have no idea why or what it means.
- Think of someone moments before that person calls on the phone, or passes you in the street.
- Be aware of the life force in nature’s plant and animal life.
- Speak without knowing where the words come from.
- See or sense spirits, ghosts or a presence unknown.
- Feel helped and assisted by an unknown source.
- Feel connected to tribal wisdom, ceremonies, or rituals.
- Occasionally see something move out of the corner of your eye, and nothing is there when you turn to look.
- Envision a message when looking at Tarot Cards, Playing Cards or other artworks.
- Get goosebumps when something is said or done in your presence.
- See visions of future events that later come true.
- Know unknowable things.
- Smell fragrance or perfume when no scent is really there.
- Hear your name spoken when no-one is there to speak it.
- Experience a lot of synchronicity in your life.
- Woken in dreams and be totally aware, even though you are still asleep.
- Look at the back of someone across a crowded room, and that person turns and looks straight back at you.
- Have glimpses of previous incarnations.
- Understand messages from pets and other animals.
- Have and out of bode experience. (OBE)
Re: Am I A Psychic?
Beginner To Advanced Psychic Development Training
The novice, intermediate, and advanced psychic development training advice you find here is authentic, practical, and free. Many of the articles in this hub are my own, together with a wealth of tarot, mediumship, clairvoyance, and psychic development guest posts. Learn more > >
As well as this free online version of the Zener clairvoyance test, you will find exercises to practice your psychic ability with Auras, Dreams and ESP Cards. Try on your own or with the help of a friend interested in the metaphysical arts. Learn more > >
A to Z List Of Psychic Abilities
This is now the master list of psychic abilities and forms of divination online. Over the years I’ve kept it updated so that you have the best information to reference. My compilation is diverse, numerous and includes the ancient and new. Learn more > >
Ian Parkin is the owner, webmaster, and principal psychic of this Website.
30+ Years Providing Professional Psychic Advice and Coaching
Clairvoyant Readings with Ian Parkin
today by Email | Online Chat, Skype & Phone by appointment
Comments Re: Am I A Psychic?
Am I A Psychic? - by Penelope Ghias (Plaistow London)
I wanted to find out if I’m a little psychic at all. I see spirit also sometimes I get this horrible feeling in my stomach its weird I feel like crying I get an uncontrollable feeling and I don’t know what it is. Usually within a day to a week something related happens. If I am even a little psychic I don’t know how to bring it out. I would love to be able to help others and spirit.
Am I A Psychic? - by Elena James (New Jersey)
I have always been able to see things that other people around dont seem to see. I sometimes see colors or auras around people and sense when their intentions and feelings are sincere. I also get dreams of things that will happen in the near or far future. On January 11 2010, I had a dream of the earth shaking. I was no longer in my bedroom but in a dark shack. There were people screaming and babies crying. The language was not English. Every one was running out of the house when the roof began to collapse. Next day I turned on the news to see that Haiti had just suffered a deathly earthquake.
Am I A Psychic? - by Lorena (FL U.S.A.)
Well this is my first time writing this on a psychic website. I know when someone is lying to me and I really get them. I also get these massive headaches out of nowhere and I really get creeped out about it because I feel like someone's following me.
Am I A Psychic? - by Zoie (Florida, USA)
I meditate to relax and possibly enhance my abilities. I hear voices when no one is there, so perhaps it's clairaudience. I always knew that something about me was different maybe even special, but I don't know if I am imagining it. I really have no idea if I am psychic or not, but from what I gather I might be.
Am I A Psychic? - by Rose (Missouri)
I can feel what others are feeling wither it's in person or if I'm on the phone with them of something so simple as texting them. Most of the time I know what someone is thinking about, not exactly, but I get the idea of what the are thinking about. I can feel spirits and sometimes see them. Sometimes I have dreams which come true within a couple days of having that dream. Am I a psychic or not? And how can I become more in tune with these abilities if I am?
Am I A Psychic? - by Anonymous (Fresno CA )
I've been battling with powers that I have even though I don't want them. But I am fighting with something that tells me I have them and I need to use them. It scares me. I have dreams of lotto numbers and they have come out in the same order. No I don't play them. I can be working or doing anything and I see visions of my husband winning money on certain slot machines and I tell him and he wins. I saw a lady in a salon and for some reason I saw gold coins above and below her and I just kept staring at her. She got annoyed but I told her what I saw and that I believed she was coming into money. Two weeks later at the salon the stylist said she did come into some big money. It was freaky it was a stranger and I saw it. Am I a psychic only when it comes to other's financial luck?
To add answers or comments about this page please use my contact form. Please start the conversation with the heading [Re: Am I A Psychic].