How Do You Know You Have Psychic Abilities? Take This Quiz
Ian Parkin is the author of this post.
How do you know if you have some psychic abilities? Well, for a start, your incredible power of intuition has led you here right now – so that is a good sign. Because it takes one to know one, I have compiled a list of questions and clues as a quiz to find out your own psychic style.
Have you experienced unexplained nostalgia or moments of Deja vu? Perhaps you’ve sensed the presence of a person nearby but when you look around, you realize you’re alone. If you relate with any of these examples, it’s possible you do indeed have psychic ability.
As adept psychics we have extra sensory perception of the world and the people around us. Often, we are very sensitive to physical and supernatural auras. We have higher levels of intuition, can predict future events, experience vivid dreams, and have certain special senses.
Am I A Psychic Quiz With Questions And Real Clues
I believe we are all psychic to some level, but for most people the gift or the belief has been long knocked out of them. Educated out is another way of looking at it. Many professional psychics have grown up in a psychic friendly environment. Perhaps a grand-parent or parent with the knowledge has helped bring the extra sense out in the open and encouraged its use. But there are as many practicing psychics who have not had the benefit of caring psychic guidance and who have still managed to develop and hone this natural sixth sense.
Some people don’t actually realize they have psychic powers until an event causes an awakening. Some natural triggers are:
- Accident or near-death experience
- Death of a loved one
- Birth of a child
- Witnessing an emotional event
Good psychics aren’t special, just comfortable with this natural yet ‘extra’ sensory perception in one form or another. There are plenty of us who have allowed the pressures of modern day living to wind us up so that our mental activity is buzzing away at a really fast pace. It can be very difficult to slow down and divert our conscious mind so that we may focus on the more subtle levels of sub-consciousness - found through the slower brainwave frequencies of Alpha and Theta.
Am I A Psychic Quiz
Do you have high levels of intuition?
- Can you usually tell who is calling your phone before you have checked the caller ID, or have you been able to predict an event before it happens? Psychics have high levels of intuition, and they can usually predict the actions of a person before they act. This could indicate telepathy.
Are you good at sensing someone is lying?
- Empaths are sensitive to other people’s emotions and can tell if someone is being dishonest. No matter how genuine they seem, you can tell they’re false.
Can you communicate with animals and understand how they feel?
- If you’re a psychic, it’s possible for you to interact with animals and you are aware of their consciousness. Animal communicators mainly use telepathy.
Have you had a dream or a vision that’s come true?
- Do you regularly have feelings of Deja vu? Everything seems so familiar and yet you’re certain you’ve never been there before. Psychics can often have lucid dreams and experience the future.
Have you ever sensed an invisible presence?
- Have you been alone and yet you’ve sensed the presence of another person nearby? It’s possible you felt a paranormal aura. Most psychics are sensitive to the auras around them, and they can usually feel the presence of the supernatural. This is called clairsentience.
Are you drawn toward the supernatural?
- Psychics are naturally drawn toward the paranormal and unexplained because they can sense auras that other people cannot feel. Seeing auras is clairvoyant and feeling auric energy is clairsentient.
Can you hear someone call your name even though they’re nowhere near you?
- The power of clairaudience lets psychics hear people from faraway distances. You can usually tell someone you know is in trouble or they need help.
Have you been able to heal anyone?
- Spiritual healers can channel psychic energy (Reiki) to the ill and help them heal.
Do you See or Hear Dead People?
- People with various levels of awareness of people who have died are known psychic mediums. While the dead rarely give good advice for the living, they can provide love and reassurance of life after death to those left behind.
More Clues To Discover Your Psychic Abilities
Occasionally or often you will . . . .
- Feel like you have met a person before when you have not.
- Experience a tingling sensation in your hands as if an invisible energy is passing through them.
- Feel uncomfortable for no apparent reason when you are in a building, location, or with certain people.
- Likewise feel very comfortable for no real reason in locations or with certain people.
- Feel drained of energy in the company of others. Likewise feel full of energy with others.
- Sense the energy that flows through nature and around you.
- See or feel the colored energy around people. (Aura)
- Unreasonably ascertain when people speak untruthfully.
- Be drawn to the paranormal, spirituality, mystics, and other psychics.
- Experience legitimate premonitions in dreams.
- Make decisions based on gut feelings over logic.
- Help alleviate pain in others just by touching them.
- See visions of objects, faces, colors in your mind’s eye, even if you have no idea why or what it means.
- Think of someone moments before that person calls on the phone or passes you in the street.
- Be aware of the life force in nature’s plant and animal life.
- Speak without knowing where the words come from.
- See or sense spirits, ghosts, or a presence unknown.
- Feel helped and assisted by an unknown source.
- Feel connected to tribal wisdom, ceremonies, or rituals.
- Occasionally see something move out of the corner of your eye, and nothing is there when you turn to look.
- Envision a message when looking at Tarot Cards, Playing Cards, or other artworks.
- Get goosebumps when something is said or done in your presence.
- See visions of future events that later come true.
- Know unknowable things.
- Smell fragrance or perfume when no scent is really there.
- Hear your name spoken when no-one is there to speak it.
- Experience a lot of synchronicities in your life.
- Woken in dreams and be totally aware, even though you are still asleep.
- Look at the back of someone across a crowded room, and that person turns and looks straight back at you.
- Have glimpses of previous incarnations.
- Understand messages from pets and other animals.
- Have and out of bode experience. (OBE)
How Do You Discover Your Psychic Types?
In the swirl of misconceptions, misunderstandings, and general confusion surrounding the fields of parapsychology and psychic activity, most people have no idea how to make distinctions between different types of psychic abilities.
Extra-sensory perception (ESP), prophecies of the future, and a sixth sense could all be defined under the blanket term psychic ability.
The three main types of psychic ability are clairaudience, clairsentience, and clairvoyance.
- Clairaudience is generally defined as the ability to hear or sense sounds that cannot be perceived by a non-psychic person.
- Clairsentience is another type of extrasensory perception in that clairsentient people can sense past, present, or future events through sensing them, though non-clairsentient people cannot perceive them.
- Clairvoyance is ‘clear sight’. It is defined as the ability to perceive or even see with the mind's eye something that is going on without any previous knowledge of the event.
Discover Your Psychic Type: Developing and Using Your Natural Intuition - by Sherrie Dillard
Intuition and spiritual growth are inherently linked, according to professional psychic and therapist Sherrie Dillard. This groundbreaking guide offers a personalized approach to spiritual development, introducing four different psychic types and revealing how to develop the unique talents of each. Designed for both beginning intuitives and advanced psychics, this book presents a simple, step-by-step plan:
- Take the insightful quiz to learn whether you have a physical, spiritual, emotional, or mental intuitive style
- Discover more about each type's nature, personality, strengths, and potential challenges
- Develop your psychic abilities with the meditations and exercises designed for your specific intuitive style
Throughout the book, Dillard shares remarkable stories from her professional practice to illustrate the incredible power of intuition and its connection to the spirit world, inner wisdom, and your higher self.
Sherrie Dillard has been a professional psychic, medium, and therapist for over thirty years and she has given over 50,000 readings worldwide. She has taught intuition development at Duke University Continuing Studies and has led workshops and classes on spiritual development and spiritual healing nationally and internationally. Sherrie has been featured on radio and television for her innovative books and her work as a psychic detective, medical intuitive, and medium. Additionally, she holds a Master of Divinity degree in New Thought pastoral counseling.
Product from Amazon, publishing affiliate may get a commission > >
Keep your kindred spirits informed by sharing this article . . .
Readers Comments About This Quiz
I wanted to find out if I’m a little psychic at all - by Penelope Ghias (Plaistow London)
I see spirit also sometimes I get this horrible feeling in my stomach its weird I feel like crying I get an uncontrollable feeling and I don’t know what it is. Usually within a day to a week something related happens. If I am even a little psychic, I don’t know how to bring it out. I would love to be able to help others and spirit.
I have always been able to see things that other people around don’t seem to see. - by Elena James (New Jersey)
I sometimes see colors or auras around people and sense when their intentions and feelings are sincere. I also get dreams of things that will happen in the near or far future. On January 11 2010, I had a dream of the earth shaking. I was no longer in my bedroom but in a dark shack. There were people screaming and babies crying. The language was not English. Everyone was running out of the house when the roof began to collapse. Next day I turned on the news to see that Haiti had just suffered a deathly earthquake.
Am I Clairaudient? - by Zoie (Florida, USA)
I meditate to relax and possibly enhance my mental intuitive abilities. I hear voices when no one is there, so perhaps it's clairaudience. I always knew that something about me was different maybe even special, but I don't know if I am imagining it. I really have no idea if I am psychic or not, but from what I gather I might be.
Am I Clairsentient? - by Rose (Missouri)
I can feel what others are feeling wither it's in person or if I'm on the phone with them of something so simple as texting them. Most of the time I know what someone is thinking about, not exact information, but I get the idea of what they are thinking about. I can feel spirits and sometimes see them. Sometimes I have dreams which come true within a couple days of having that dream. Am I a psychic or not? And how do you start developing and using your natural extrasensory perception at home?
Re: Am I Psychic Quiz - by Rose (Missouri)
I can feel what others are feeling wither it's in person or if I'm on the phone with them of something so simple as texting them. Most of the time I know what someone is thinking about, not exactly, but I get the idea of what the are thinking about. I can feel spirits and sometimes see them. Sometimes I have dreams which come true within a couple days of having that dream. Am I a psychic or not? And how can I become more in tune with these abilities if I am?
Reluctant Psychic - by Anonymous (Fresno CA )
I've been battling with powers that I have even though I don't want them. But I am fighting with something that tells me I have them and I need to use them. It scares me. I have dreams of lotto numbers and they have come out in the same order. No, I don't play them. I can be working or doing anything, and I see visions of my husband winning money on certain slot machines and I tell him, and he wins. I saw a lady in a salon and for some reason I saw gold coins above and below her and I just kept staring at her. She got annoyed but I told her what I saw and that I believed she was coming into money. Two weeks later at the salon the stylist said she did come into some big money. It was freaky it was a stranger and I saw it. Am I a psychic only when it comes to other's financial luck?
To ask questions, add answers, or comments about this page please use my contact form. Please start the conversation with the heading [Re- Am I A Psychic Quiz].
Or if you're inspired to write an article on this subject, please submit a guest post here.
Wiki - Psychic