The Right Method Of Meditation For Psychic Development
Ian Parkin is the verified author of this post.
What is the right method of meditation for psychic development?
It was in through Alpha Training (learning to sync my brain waves to the Schumann Resonance) that I first discovered the accuracy of my clairvoyant ability. (As did everyone else on the course at the time). That was over thirty-five years ago, and I still use the same meditation methods today.
Meditation comes in many forms and titles and has been practiced for over 5,000 years, mainly in eastern religious traditions such as Buddhism and Hinduism. Other religions that have used forms of meditation include Janism, Sikhism, New Age, Taoism and Islam. Christianity and Judaism have forms of meditation as well that are very different from eastern religions but still create relaxation and peace in the body.
Techniques used in meditation for psychic development are not only used for spiritual purposes, but also health purposes such as yoga meditation and secular meditation which fight against anxiety, stress and chronic physical pain.
By clearing the mind, relaxing the muscles and focusing on deep breathing, circulation, posture and concentration are improved.
Yoga is deeply tied to eastern religions and its goal is to improve health and well-being and reaching Moksha which is the release from the cycle of life, death and rebirth and all the suffering attached to it.
There are many different meditation methods including: Mantra, Trakata, Chakra, Vispanna, Raj Yoga, Zazen, and Nada Yoga. All of them include focusing on breathing, entering into an alternate state of consciousness and focusing on a strong sense of self.
Beyond being conscious of one’s breathing, there is a wide variety of techniques that help with reaching the developmental goal that the person is aiming for which include:
- “Upward” which acts to reverse the pull of gravity on the consciousness by lifting the consciousness out of the body,
- “Mind-centered” in which the mind is a blank slate,
- “Monastic” which involves exploring death’s mystery,
- “Observer” where you watch your thoughts and emotions as they happen from an outside perspective,
- “Passive” where the mind makes no judgment similar to daydreaming or sleep,
- “Fantasy-based” where the person goes to an alternate place in his/her mind,
- “Trance” which included rhythmic chanting,
- “Denial” or “Dualistic” where divisions in the universe are realized and questioned, and
- “Religious” where one thinks about an inspiring religious leader.
Transcendental Meditation methods were introduced in 1957 by Maharishi Mahesh Yogi, disciple of the Indian spiritual leader, Swami Brahmananda Saraswati. Yogi developed programs and initiatives to promote transcendental meditation and spent time touring the world teaching what he had learned. The technique involves sitting with one’s eyes closed for twenty minutes, twice a day and not contemplating but setting up a framework for the mind to move inwardly instead of being flooded with different ideas and feelings.
Music is a tool that is not only used for entertainment but for healing as well. Certain tones and chords can stimulate brainwaves, produce deep relaxation, increase the ability to learn, relieve stress, and even heal the body as a result of listening and feeling the music. Almost everyone has experienced deep feelings from a song a favorite artist plays or an experience at a concert.
Music can increase self-growth and fulfillment in certain areas of one’s life. Meditation music is one of many forms of music that can accomplish this. It acts to correspond with meditation practices to promote self awareness and relaxation as well as deep connection.
What Is The Best Method Of Meditation For Psychic Development?
To answer this, we can look at the training psychic mediums go through to develop their skills. Mediumship is arguably the highest level of amongst the psychic powers because it is about communication with entities in the spirit realm. If you want to know the right method of meditation for psychic development taking a leaf from the book of mediumship training will set you in good stead.
Formal training for mediumship involves the regular meditation practice of sitting in a circle of 8 to 12 psychics and quietly becoming mindful of the silence. This sitting in the power (spiritual energy) can take many years of practice for mediums to become open to evidential communication with entities in the realms of spirit. Loved ones who have passed, spirit guides, angels, and even alien intelligence. For developing your own intuition to the point of receiving reliable guidance from your own higher self, the best method of meditation for psychic development will be to practice the art of sitting in this silent spiritual power too.
The Right Method Of Meditation For Sitting In The Power
Here are my suggestions for learning to sit in the power with your meditation for psychic development.
Find your self a quite space that you can make sacred for this purpose. You can make your space sacred by developing a regular meditation routine that you maintain exclusively to this location and time.
- If you already know how to meditate just maintain an empty awareness in an alpha state of mind for 12 minutes in the morning and 12 minutes later in the day. Learn to avoid fishing for messages or communications, just stay aware for guidance to bubble up.
- If you are new to meditation I would recommend using the enhanced meditation technology that is available in this day and age. Then practice the same 12 + 12 minutes a day as above.
The right method of meditation for psychic development will involve syncing your brain waves to the Schumann Resonance – Alpha 7.83hz. And these days we have affordable tech to monitor our brainwaves. I have a brain sensing headband. Via the free app my Muse provides me with EEG based real-time neuro feedback which takes the guesswork out of my daily meditation practice. I love it! I also spend ten minutes with my Muse before every online psychic reading I provide.
Optimal Alpha Training
How to Access Altered States of Mind for Inner Guidance
Tap into Alpha, Theta & Delta wave frequencies of the Human Mind to get into states of profound creativity, intuitive guidance, and even to create ‘coincidences’ to move your life forward.
What You’ll Learn When You Watch The Preview For This Silva Ultramind Masterclass
- How to train yourself to achieve waking consciousness in various altered states so you can access previously uncharted areas of your mind.
- The 100-1 morning technique for staying at Deep Alpha so that you can access this unique brain-wave at ease in seconds for accessing deep Alpha levels for healing, calm & creativity.
- Apply the mental screen for advanced visualization. This simple mental technique has been used by pro-athlete students to win at competitive sports and make headlines.
- Learn Silva 3-Scenes Technique. This refinement in Mental Visualization produces the best results when done in this unique 6 step way... fully shared in this class.
By the end of this masterclass you will understand the Alpha and Theta states of mind and how to use the Silva Psychic Ultramind Method in unique ways to shift your reality. Your daily practice of meditation, healing and manifesting will reach new levels.
Enhanced Meditation Technology
For Meditation Made Easy - Choose Muse
Muse is a research-grade EEG device that passively senses your brain activity and translates it into the guiding sounds of weather to help you stay calm and focused. Busy mind? You will experience stormy weather. Calm mind? You will experience peaceful weather.
Muse connects to your mobile device via Bluetooth. Once connected, simply start the Muse Meditation app, put on your headphones, and close your eyes. Once your session is complete, you can review your results and track your progress.
The mind meditation sessions within the app are entirely free! Separate to that (under the green compass symbol) is an optional paid subscription with guided meditations and courses.
- "I use my Muse EVERY time I meditate. I even just upgraded to the new Muse-S (somewhat expensive but I love it) I had many years in Alpha seminars in the late 80s, so have always been very much into my alpha and theta stuff. Only with Muse did I start being able to see and monitor when in these different mind states. I would say this new Muse-S is like having a meditation master in your head guiding you whenever you wanted the help. This new one also trains and monitors in heart, body, and breath as well as the brain waves". - Ian @PsychicJunkieWebsite
Muse home | How it works | What it measures | Research | Muse App | Muse Shop
Mindfulness Meditation FAQs
What exactly is mindfulness?
- Mindfulness, in a nutshell, is a calm state of mind where you are fully present, curious, aware, and non-judgemental of what is going on in your surroundings in a given moment. This is the perfect state for entering a meditation for psychic development.
What is the difference between mindfulness and meditation?
- You can practice mindfulness meditation by refining your awareness within your meditation practice. Or you can hone your awareness in your everyday life by being fully engaged and paying attention to your thoughts and feelings within and to what is actually going on outside and around you.
What Is mindfulness meditation?
- Mindfulness meditation is the conscious practice of relaxing, breathing calmly with a gentle rhythm, and through visualisation, being aware of your body, mind and spirit.
What can mindfulness meditation help with?
- As well as meditation for psychic development, it can also help with alleviating anxiety and stress, improve health and well-being, and is know to positively affects a your emotional state.
What is an example of mindfulness?
- To find a great example of your own mindfulness is to notice the next time you are mindLESS while driving your car. At that moment when you realise you have just driven from A to B without any conscious awareness (and we all do this from time to time) just become calmly aware of everything from that moment on (for the next ten minutes especially). How does the steering wheel feel in your hands? What are you looking at in your field of vision? What song is playing on the car radio? How are the muscles in your body feeling? What is the weather like outside the car? How comfortable are you inside the vehicle?
What are some mindfulness exercises?
- Meditation is the main form of mindfulness exercise. But outside of that you can practice the mindfulness exercise of honing your conscious awareness to whatever activity you are engaged in at any point of time. Try open mindfulness exercises while doing the dishes, driving your vehicle, shopping for groceries, making love, eating your meals, etc.
If you would like to ask questions, add answers, or comment on this page please use my contact form. Start the conversation with the heading [About Meditation For Psychic Development.]
Or if you're inspired to write an article on this subject please submit a guest post here.