The Right Meditation For Psychic Development
Ian Parkin is the author of this post.
What is the best method of meditation for psychic development?
- To answer this, we can look at the training psychic mediums go through to develop their clairvoyance skills. Mediumship is arguably the highest level amongst the psychic powers because it is about communication with entities in the spirit realm. If you want a good method for meditation, that can assist you in developing your psychic abilities, taking a leaf from the book of mediumship training will set you in good stead.
Formal training for mediumship involves the regular meditation practice of sitting in a circle of 8 to 12 psychics and quietly becoming mindful of the silence. This sitting in the power (spiritual energy) can take a lot of practice for mediums to become open to evidential communication with entities in the realms of spirit. Loved ones who have passed, your spirit guide, angels, and even alien intelligence. For developing your own intuition to the point of receiving reliable guidance from your own higher self, the best method to meditate for your psychic development will be to practice the art of sitting in this silent spiritual power too.
Meditate While Sitting In The Power
Here are my suggestions for learning to sit in the power and develop your psychic abilities.
Find yourself a quite space that you can make sacred for this purpose. You can make your space sacred by developing a regular meditation routine that you maintain exclusively to this location and time.
If you already know how to meditate just maintain an empty awareness in an alpha state of mind for 12 minutes in the morning and 12 minutes later in the day. Learn to avoid fishing for messages or communications, just stay aware for guidance to bubble up.
If you are new to contemplation, I would recommend using the enhanced meditation technology that is available in this day and age. Then practice the same 12 + 12 minutes a day as above.
What method of meditation helped your psychic development?
It was through Alpha Mind Training (learning to sync my brain waves to the Schumann Resonance) that I first discovered the accuracy of my clairvoyance. (As did everyone else on the course at the time). That was over thirty-five years ago, and I still use the same methods today.
The right way to meditate and develop psychic abilities will involve syncing your brain waves to the Schumann Resonance – Alpha 7.83hz. And these days we have affordable tech to monitor our brainwaves. I have a brain sensing headband. Via the free app my Muse provides me with EEG based real-time neuro feedback which takes the guesswork out of my daily practice. I love it! I also spend ten minutes with my Muse before every online psychic reading that I provide.
Learn more about the Alpha State Of Mind
Jose Silva's highly influential alpha-mind-training has been updated for a new generation. The Silva Ultramind System is now a 28-day online program hosted by Mindvalley founder and Silva instructor Vishen Lakhiani. In just 15 - 20 easy minutes a day, you’ll be guided through The Silva Method’s signature tools and training for harnessing your mind’s altered states of consciousness.
Explore the Silva Ultramind system curriculum
Muse is a powerful, compact electroencephalography (EEG) system. By leveraging improvements in dry sensor technology, Bluetooth and battery life, as well as significant advances in digital signal processing, Muse makes it easy to access and use brainwave data, inside and outside the laboratory and in real-world environments.
Check out the range of MUSE Brain Sensing Headbands
If you prefer to follow a guided meditation regime, I recommend:
Meditations for Psychic Development: Practical Exercises to Awaken Your Sixth Sense - by Chanda Parkinson
Unlock Your Natural Gifts and Discover Your Area of Psychic Expertise
Awaken your sixth sense and turn your innate abilities into trusted allies with this book of easy-to-follow meditations. These psychically charged exercises help you clear your chakras, communicate with your past lives, meet your spiritual guide, and much more.
Psychic intuitive Chanda Parkinson presents the foundational basics, and then guides you in finding the skills at which you most excel. Explore meditations for improving your energy flow, enriching the lives of those around you, solving problems, and keeping out negative influences. Learn how to interpret psychic messages, read auras, use psychic tools, and connect to nature. With these meditations, you'll develop heightened awareness and gain a deeper understanding of both yourself and everyone in your life.
Product from Amazon, publishing affiliate may get a commission > > add to wish list now > >
More About Meditation
Meditation comes in many forms and titles and has been practiced for over 5,000 years, mainly in eastern religious traditions such as Buddhism and Hinduism. Other religions that have used forms of meditation include Janism, Sikhism, New Age, Taoism, and Islam. Christianity and Judaism have ways to meditate as well that are very different from eastern religions but still create relaxation and peace in the body.
These techniques are not only used for spiritual purposes, but also health purposes such as yoga meditation and secular meditation which fight against anxiety, stress, and chronic physical pain.
By clearing the mind, relaxing the muscles, and focusing on deep breathing, circulation, posture, and concentration are improved.
Yoga is deeply tied to eastern religions and its goal is to improve health and well-being and reaching Moksha which is the release from the cycle of life, death, and rebirth and all the suffering attached to it.
There are many different meditating methods including: Mantra, Trakata, Chakra, Vispanna, Raj Yoga, Zazen, and Nada Yoga. All of them include focusing on breathing, entering into an alternate state of consciousness and focusing on a strong sense of self.
Beyond being conscious of one’s breathing, there is a wide variety of techniques that help people reach the developmental goals that they are aiming for which include:
- “Upward” which acts to reverse the pull of gravity on the consciousness by lifting the consciousness out of the body,
- “Mind-centered” in which the mind is a blank slate,
- “Monastic” which involves exploring death’s mystery,
- “Observer” where you listen and watch your thoughts and emotions as they happen from an outside perspective,
- “Passive” where the mind makes no judgment similar to daydreaming or sleep,
- “Fantasy-based” where you go to an alternate place in your mind to meet your spiritual guide,
- “Trance” which included rhythmic chanting,
- “Denial” or “Dualistic” where divisions in the universe are realized and questioned,
- “Religious” where one thinks about an inspiring religious leader, and
- “Psychic Development” to awaken your sixth sense.
Transcendental Meditation methods were introduced in 1957 by Maharishi Mahesh Yogi, disciple of the Indian spiritual leader, Swami Brahmananda Saraswati. Yogi developed programs and initiatives to promote transcendental meditation and spent time touring the world teaching what he had learned. The technique involves sitting with one’s eyes closed for twenty minutes, twice a day and not contemplating but setting up a framework for the mind to move inwardly instead of being flooded with different ideas and feelings.
Music is a tool that is not only used for entertainment but for healing as well. Certain tones and chords can stimulate brainwaves, produce deep relaxation, increase the ability to learn, relieve stress, and even heal the body as a result of listening and feeling the music. Almost everyone has experienced deep feelings from a song a favorite artist plays or an experience at a concert.
Music can increase self-growth and fulfillment in certain areas of one’s life. Meditation music is one of many forms of music that can accomplish this. It acts to correspond with mindfulness and meditation practices to promote self-awareness and relaxation as well as deep connection with your higher self.
Frequently asked questions about Mindfulness Meditation
What exactly is mindfulness?
- Mindfulness, in a nutshell, is a calm state of mind where you are fully present, curious, aware, and non-judgmental of what is going on in your surroundings in a given moment. This is the perfect state for entering a meditation for psychic development.
What is the difference between mindfulness and meditation?
- You can practice mindfulness meditation by refining your awareness within your meditation practice. Or you can hone your awareness in your everyday life by being fully engaged and paying attention to your thoughts and feelings within and to what is actually going on outside and around you.
What Is mindfulness meditation?
What can mindfulness meditation help with?
- It can also help with alleviating anxiety and stress, improve health and well-being, and is known to positively affect your emotional state.
What is an example of mindfulness?
- To find a great example of your own mindfulness is to notice the next time you are mindLESS while driving your car. At that moment when you realize you have just driven from A to B without any conscious awareness (and we all do this from time to time) just become calmly aware of everything from that moment on (for the next ten minutes especially). How does the steering wheel feel in your hands? What do you see in your field of vision? What song is playing on the car radio? How are the muscles in your body feeling? What is the weather like outside the car? How comfortable are you inside the vehicle?
What are some mindfulness exercises?
- Meditation is the main form of mindfulness exercise. But outside of that you can practice the mindfulness exercise of honing your conscious awareness to whatever activity you are engaged in at any point of time. Try open mindfulness exercises while doing the dishes, driving your vehicle, shopping for groceries, making love, eating your meals, etc.
If you would like to ask questions, add answers, or comment on this page please use my contact form. Start the conversation with the heading [About Meditation For Psychic Development.]
Or if you're inspired to write an article on this subject please submit a guest post here.
Keep your kindred spirits informed by sharing this article . . .