Ways Of Developing Intuition That You Can Trust
Ian Parkin is the verified author of this post.
Here are some scenarios for developing intuition that can lead to reliable inner guidance on demand. This element of extrasensory perception is something everyone has. It comes from within and may be the product of your mind's ability to gather facts surrounding an event combined with certain mental capabilities.
A demonstration of intuition.
When I was at mystery school, back in the 1980s, one of the first lessons, where I learned about developing intuition, was a demonstration that involved catching someone's attention, without saying a word or even looking at their face.
I was shown how to focus intently on the back of a random person's head and within a minute they'd either glance at me or acknowledging me in some way.
It wasn't magic or a particularly mystic skill because this originated from the primitive ability that kept cavemen alive. They could feel when a predator, or another being, was watching them allowing them to prepare for an attack or run. This also applies to the basic concept of developing intuition.
The exercise was not an indication of any supernatural power in me, it simply demonstrated that each person I focused on responded to their own intuitive sense.
About Developing Intuition
6 Examples for Developing Intuition
1 - You have the ability to feel the intentions of others.
- People set off a feeling and everyone can perceive it. They may get a “gut” reaction that can be as obvious as a blow in the stomach or just an easy feeling. It's part of our makeup. Learning to listen to that feeling and separate it from all the other thoughts in your head is the difficult part.
2 - Minds process information extremely fast, quicker than you can put that information into words.
- Have you ever met someone and immediately disliked them? You can't put your finger on it, but you know something is wrong. That message can occur when your mind processed their stance, the words they spoke, their body language and put them together with a red flashing warning signal. It wasn't one thing, but the incongruity of the entire picture. You do not consciously see the incongruity, but it registered at a subconscious level.
3 - Learn to separate emotions and logic from intuition.
- Tough, but not impossible if you pay close attention. Note everything about the situation and your reaction when you have the feeling or voice. An emotional reaction is often different from a logical one or even intuitive one. The more you pay attention to everything surrounding a circumstance, the easier it will be to separate the three and know it's your intuition telling you to act, watch out, or prepare for something.
4 - Paying attention to your intuition increases its power.
- Your intuition can message you in a variety of ways. When I'm unknowingly in a bad situation, mine literally punches me in the stomach. I feel a firm blow and know it's time to make an exit plan. Other, less urgent times, I get a thought or voice from nowhere or have a flash of inspiration. Pay attention to the cues your intuition provides. Be very aware of the things you experience and you'll learn to know when your intuition is warning you or telling you to go full steam ahead. Track it in a journal.
5 - Sleep on it.
- Everyone has heard at one time or another that someone wants to “sleep” on a decision. It's a good idea. Many scientific breakthroughs and historic events came to the people from a dream. Ask yourself the question that needs an answer and decide that your intuition will tell you how to resolve it as you sleep. Have a paper and pencil on the bed stand to record the answer upon awakening or you'll forget it.
Intuition can be honed like any skill. Everyone has the ability to use this extra sensory perception, so there's nothing magical about it. It's like communicating. Everyone has the ability to communicate in one fashion or another. The more you hone your ability, the better you'll be at it.
FAQs for Developing Intuition
How do you improve your intuition?
- Practice, practice, and more practice!
Is my intuition always right?
- Real intuitive promptings will have these characteristics: They are non-judgmental, non-emotional, short and to the point, fleeting and subtle, non egotistical, simple and symbolic.
How do I develop my child's intuition?
What does natural intuition mean?
- Natural intuitive messages are generally neutral in tone, and are often in the form of guidance. If it seems like your intuition is trying to scare you, it is NOT your intuition.
What does intuition do?
- Intuition is the ability to acquire knowledge without proof, evidence, or conscious reasoning, or without understanding how the knowledge was acquired.
What is the difference between intuition and psychic insight?
- Developing your intuitive skills form the foundation of your own psychic abilities.
Is instinct and intuition the same?
- Our primitive brain, which holds the limbic system, receives physical information from our five senses and then processes that into gut feeling resulting in instinctive fight or flight actions. The limbic system can also receive intuitive promptings, metapsychical information, that is then processed into feelings for action in one way or another. In a nutshell instinct works with physical information and intuition works with metaphysical information.
How do you strengthen your intuition?
- Start practicing with easy and unimportant exercises and very slowly lead up to the important stuff. This way you build experience and trust.
How do you get in touch with your intuition?
- If you are serious about learning how to develop intuition to the level of a psychic I recommend you check out the Silva Mind System. You can get a Free Silva Method Starter Kit
What can intuition do for me?
- Developing intuition can help you make better decisions. Assist in choosing the right action to take. Help you pick the best person in personal or business situations. Clarify which would be a better direction to go in. Your intuition can become your best and most trusted psychic advisor.
What exercise will develop intuition quickly?
How do I know when it’s a real intuitive message I can trust?
- Read Lisa K's Intuition on Demand: A step-by-step guide to powerful intuition you can trust. Lisa K, PhD, is a teacher, author and speaker specializing in intuition. Lisa teaches others how to develop their intuition so they can receive their own trustworthy inner guidance.