Ways Of Developing Intuition That You Can Trust
Ian Parkin is the verified author of this post.
Here are some scenarios for developing intuition that can lead to reliable inner guidance on demand. This element of extrasensory perception is something everyone has. It comes from within and may be the product of your mind's ability to gather facts surrounding an event combined with certain mental capabilities.
A demonstration of intuition.
When I was at mystery school, back in the 1980s, one of the first lessons, where I learned about developing intuition, was a demonstration that involved catching someone's attention, without saying a word or even looking at their face.
I was shown how to focus intently on the back of a random person's head and within a minute they'd either glance at me or acknowledging me in some way.
It wasn't magic or a particularly mystic skill because this originated from the primitive ability that kept cavemen alive. They could feel when a predator, or another being, was watching them allowing them to prepare for an attack or run. This also applies to the basic concept of developing intuition.
The exercise was not an indication of any supernatural power in me, it simply demonstrated that each person I focused on responded to their own intuitive sense.
"Intuition is really a sudden immersion of the soul into the universal current of life, where the histories of all people are connected, and we are able to know everything, because it’s all written there" - Paulo Coelho - The Alchemist
6 Examples for Developing Intuition
1 - You have the ability to feel the intentions of others.
- People set off a feeling and everyone can perceive it. They may get a “gut” reaction that can be as obvious as a blow in the stomach or just an easy feeling. It's part of our makeup. Learning to listen to that feeling and separate it from all the other thoughts in your head is the difficult part.
2 - Minds process information extremely fast, quicker than you can put that information into words.
- Have you ever met someone and immediately disliked them? You can't put your finger on it, but you know something is wrong. That message can occur when your mind processed their stance, the words they spoke, their body language and put them together with a red flashing warning signal. It wasn't one thing, but the incongruity of the entire picture. You do not consciously see the incongruity, but it registered at a subconscious level.
3 - Learn to separate emotions and logic from intuition.
- Tough, but not impossible if you pay close attention. Note everything about the situation and your reaction when you have the feeling or voice. An emotional reaction is often different from a logical one or even intuitive one. The more you pay attention to everything surrounding a circumstance, the easier it will be to separate the three and know it's your intuition telling you to act, watch out, or prepare for something.
4 - Paying attention to your intuition increases its power.
- Your intuition can message you in a variety of ways. When I'm unknowingly in a bad situation, mine literally punches me in the stomach. I feel a firm blow and know it's time to make an exit plan. Other, less urgent times, I get a thought or voice from nowhere or have a flash of inspiration. Pay attention to the cues your intuition provides. Be very aware of the things you experience and you'll learn to know when your intuition is warning you or telling you to go full steam ahead. Track it in a journal.
5 - Sleep on it.
- Everyone has heard at one time or another that someone wants to “sleep” on a decision. It's a good idea. Many scientific breakthroughs and historic events came to the people from a dream. Ask yourself the question that needs an answer and decide that your intuition will tell you how to resolve it as you sleep. Have a paper and pencil on the bed stand to record the answer upon awakening or you'll forget it.
Intuition can be honed like any skill. Everyone has the ability to use this extra sensory perception, so there's nothing magical about it. It's like communicating. Everyone has the ability to communicate in one fashion or another. The more you hone your ability, the better you'll be at it.
FAQs for Developing Intuition
How do you improve your intuition?
- Practice, practice, and more practice!
Is my intuition always right?
- Real intuitive promptings will have these characteristics: They are non-judgmental, non-emotional, short and to the point, fleeting and subtle, non egotistical, simple and symbolic.
How do I develop my child's intuition?
What does natural intuition mean?
- Natural intuitive messages are generally neutral in tone, and are often in the form of guidance. If it seems like your intuition is trying to scare you, it is NOT your intuition.
What does intuition do?
- Intuition is the ability to acquire knowledge without proof, evidence, or conscious reasoning, or without understanding how the knowledge was acquired.
What is the difference between intuition and psychic insight?
- Developing your intuitive skills form the foundation of your own psychic abilities.
Is instinct and intuition the same?
- Our primitive brain, which holds the limbic system, receives physical information from our five senses and then processes that into gut feeling resulting in instinctive fight or flight actions. The limbic system can also receive intuitive promptings, metapsychical information, that is then processed into feelings for action in one way or another. In a nutshell instinct works with physical information and intuition works with metaphysical information.
How do you strengthen your intuition?
- Start practicing with easy and unimportant exercises and very slowly lead up to the important stuff. This way you build experience and trust.
How do you get in touch with your intuition?
- If you are serious about learning how to develop intuition to the level of a psychic I recommend you check out the Silva Mind System. You can get a Free Silva Method Starter Kit
What can intuition do for me?
- Developing intuition can help you make better decisions. Assist in choosing the right action to take. Help you pick the best person in personal or business situations. Clarify which would be a better direction to go in. Your intuition can become your best and most trusted psychic advisor.
What exercise will develop intuition quickly?
How do I know when it’s a real intuitive message I can trust?
- Read Lisa K's Intuition on Demand: A step-by-step guide to powerful intuition you can trust. Lisa K, PhD, is a teacher, author and speaker specializing in intuition. Lisa teaches others how to develop their intuition so they can receive their own trustworthy inner guidance.
Learning about intuition in theory only takes you so far. To actually understand it well you have to experience it. This makes it true for you and strengthens your understanding. What you want is consistent, reliable intuition on demand.
Here are some Golden Rules so you don’t get stuck at the beginning of developing your intuition:
- Don’t give up before you try. Give yourself a chance to build your skill.
- Don’t look for or expect a particular answer you want your intuition to tell you.
- Do not try to deduce or figure out what your first intuition pieces mean.
- You get what you get and you don’t get upset.
- Learn a good intuition technique then keep practicing it!
Lisa K. PhD - Intuition on Demand
My Psychic Life Coaching and Intuitive Guidance Pages
Psychic Life Coaching And Intuitive Guidance
My psychic life coaching and intuitive guidance is the most helpful way to examine what’s going on in your life and figure out where you can take it. You may have been looking for a reading, but you’ve found a plan to lead you towards your destiny. Learn more > >
The RAS + Emotion Will Set Your Goals In Motion
If you want to master the Law Of Attraction and Creative Visualization you will need to grasp an understanding of how important it is to create your future with the aid of your reticular activating system (RAS). Learn more > >
How To Write Affirmations With The Most Attractive Results
The fastest way to get the law of attraction working for you is to know how to write affirmations correctly in the first place. Here are the key elements you need to construct your own truly Attractive Affirmations. Learn more > >
What Are The Secrets Of Creative Visualization?
Learn how to use mental imagery and affirmations to produce positive life changes with the law of attraction. Here is a synopsis of a bestselling book by Shakti Gawain. Because I believe she is the best person in the world to ask about the secrets of creative visualization. Learn more> >
How To Master The Law of Attraction And Manifestation
Questioning how you ask the universe for what you want? Here are 5 law of attraction and manifestation secrets to open your flow: Focus on what you want, remember things will happen, don't worry about the how, create the energy, and make small positive changes. Learn more > >
Ways Of Developing Intuition That You Can Trust
Learning about intuition in theory only takes you so far. To understand it well you must experience it. Here are some scenarios for developing intuition that will make it true for you. Because what you want is consistent, reliable intuition on demand. Learn more > >
The Way Of Personal Development
Inspired by the far-reaching psychology of Abraham H Maslow (1908 – 1970) and the timeless spirituality of Lao-Tzu’s (600 BC) ‘Tao Te Ching’ I have created The Way of Personal Development. Learn more > >
What Is The Maslow Hierarchy of Needs?
Abraham Maslow was instrumental in highlighting our innate urge for self-actualization. But being so deeply entrenched in our psyche it is shadowed by our more basic needs. The Maslow Hierarchy of Needs is an integral part of my Personal Development Coaching. Learn more > >
The 13 Characteristics Of Self-Actualization
Try this for yourself. Self-assess against this list 13 Characteristics of Self-Actualization. Make a note of those characteristics you honestly feel you lack. Then use those notes as a blueprint for the qualities to work on in your personal development plan. Learn more > >
Self Development Plan For Self-Actualization
Transpersonal psychology of Abraham Maslow and ancient wisdom of Lao Tzu’s ‘Tao Te Ching’ makes an easy to follow Self Development Plan for the achievement of your full potential. Learn more > >
Ian Parkin is the owner, webmaster, and principal psychic of this Website.
30+ Years Providing Professional Psychic Advice and Coaching
Clairvoyant Readings Direct with Ian Parkin
today by Email | Online Chat, Skype & Phone by appointment