Your Intuition Is The Psychic Ability To Acquire Unreasonable Guidance
Ian Parkin is the verified author of this post.
Where does intuition come from?
When I was at mystery school, back in the 1980s, one of the first lessons I learned about intuition was from a demonstration that involved catching someone's attention, without saying a word or even looking at their face. I was shown how to focus intently on the back of a random person's head and within a minute they either glanced at me or acknowledged me in some way. The exercise was carried out multiple times in a busy shopping mall. It wasn't magic or a particularly mystic skill because this originates from the primitive ability that kept cavemen alive. They could feel when a predator, or another being, was watching them allowing them to prepare for an attack or run. The exercise was not an indication of any supernatural powers, it simply demonstrated that each person I focused on responded to their own intuitive sense without reasoning how they had their inner prompting to look about.
Here are some scenarios for experiencing your intuition. This element of extrasensory perception is something everyone has. It comes from within and may be the product of your mind's ability to gather facts surrounding an event combined with certain metaphysical capabilities. Developing your intuition can lead to reliable inner guidance on demand.
What Is Intuition? "Intuition is really a sudden immersion of the soul into the universal current of life, where the histories of all people are connected, and we are able to know everything, because it’s all written there" - Paulo Coelho - The Alchemist
How To Experience Your Intuition
1 - You have the ability to feel the intentions of others.
- People set off a feeling and everyone can perceive it. They may get a “gut” reaction that can be as obvious as a blow in the stomach or just an easy feeling. It's part of our makeup. Learning to listen to that feeling and separate it from all the other thoughts in your head is the difficult part.
2 - Minds process information extremely fast, quicker than you can put that information into words.
- Have you ever met someone and immediately disliked them? You can't put your finger on it, but you know something is wrong. That message can occur when your mind processed their stance, the words they spoke, their body language and put them together with a red flashing warning signal. It wasn't one thing, but the incongruity of the entire picture. You do not consciously see the incongruity, but it registered at a subconscious level.
3 - Learn to separate emotions and logic from intuition.
- Tough, but not impossible if you pay close attention. Note everything about the situation and your reaction when you have the feeling or voice. An emotional reaction is often different from a logical one or even intuitive one. The more you pay attention to everything surrounding a circumstance, the easier it will be to separate the three and know it's your intuition telling you to act, watch out, or prepare for something.
4 - Paying attention to your intuition increases its power.
- Your intuition can message you in a variety of ways. When I'm unknowingly in a bad situation, mine literally punches me in the stomach. I feel a firm blow and know it's time to make an exit plan. Other, less urgent times, I get a thought or voice from nowhere or have a flash of inspiration. Pay attention to the cues your intuition provides. Be very aware of the things you experience and you'll learn to know when your intuition is warning you or telling you to go full steam ahead. Track it in a journal.
5 - Sleep on it.
- Everyone has heard, at one time or another, that someone wants to “sleep” on a decision. It's a good idea. Many scientific breakthroughs and historic events came to the people from a dream. Ask yourself the question that needs an answer and decide that your intuition will tell you how to resolve it as you sleep. Have a paper and pencil on the bed stand to record the answer upon awakening or you'll forget it.
- Step 1 - what area of expertise do you need?
- Step 2 - which type of reading do you prefer?
- Step 3 - what level of experience fits your needs?
Use this wizard to connect with your perfect online psychic today!
FAQs About Intuition
What is intuition?
- More commonly recognized as having a gut feeling about something, intuition is your psychic ability to acquire guidance and knowledge without proof, evidence, or conscious reasoning.
How do you improve your intuition?
- Everyone has the ability to use this extra sensory perception, so there's nothing magical about it. It's like communicating. Intuition can be honed like any skill. Everyone has the ability to communicate in one fashion or another. The more you hone your intuitive ability, the better you'll be at it. Start practicing with easy and unimportant exercises and very slowly lead up to the important stuff. This way you build experience and trust.
What is the difference between intuition and psychic insight?
- Developing your intuitive skills form the foundation of your own psychic abilities.
Is instinct and intuition the same?
- Our primitive brain, which holds the limbic system, receives physical information from our five senses and then processes that into gut feeling resulting in instinctive fight or flight actions. The limbic system can also receive intuitive promptings, metaphysical information, that is then processed into feelings for action in one way or another. In a nutshell instinct works with physical information and intuition works with metaphysical information.
What can intuition do for me?
- Developing intuition can help you make better decisions. Assist in choosing the right action to take. Help you pick the best person in personal or business situations. Clarify which would be a better direction to go in. Your own intuition can become your best and most trusted psychic adviser.
Is intuition always right?
- Yes, intuition is always right. But real intuitive promptings will have these characteristics: they are non-judgmental, non-emotional, short and to the point, fleeting and subtle, non egotistical, simple and symbolic. If it seems like your intuition is trying to scare you, it is NOT your intuition.
To ask questions, add answers, or comments about What Is Intuition? please use my contact form. Please start the conversation with the heading [About Intuition]
Or if you're inspired to write an article on this subject please submit a guest post here.
- Right now, you’re probably only tuned into two of your body’s wisdom areas — your brain or your heart, and, if you’re deeply intuitive, maybe your gut.
- However, you may not be using the deep wisdom of your entire body to its full capacity — for clearer intuition, greater energy, and even more joy.
- In this exciting hour-long virtual event with Suzanne Scurlock, you’ll discover the first steps you need to take to discover where you’re “not in your body” — and how you can expand your awareness of your body wisdom areas and use them as incredible navigational systems steering you towards greater intuition, wisdom, personal power, and joy.
Registration for this virtual event is free.
Click here to reserve your space now > >