What Is A Chakra And How Do They Work?
Ian Parkin is the verified author of this post.
What is a Chakra? These Psychic Centers exist within the aura. They are vortices, or whirlpools if you like, within the body, which pull energy into you and send it out. There are psychic centers found in many places on auras, which define how we interact with people and the world around us, but on much more subtle levels.
Chakras, affect our daily lives, even although we may be completely unaware of their function. The interchange of energies amongst the psychic centers and interconnecting channels within auras has a direct impact upon our psychic development. Any blockages will therefore inhibit our psychic perception and limit the free flow of intuitive thought. As such the chakras are the key to psychic powers, healing, the effectiveness of prayer – abilities which to the majority of us remain largely unknown.
What Is A Chakra?
Anodea Judith, an American chakra expert, describes psychic centers as:
- "A center of activity that receives, assimilates and expresses life force energy. The word chakra literally translates as wheel or disk and refers to a spinning sphere of bioenergetics activity emanating from the major nerve ganglia branching forward from the spinal column. Generally, six of these wheels are described, stacked in a column of energy that spans from the base of the spine to the middle of the forehead, the seventh lying beyond the physical world. It is the six major chakras that correlate with basic states of consciousness"
Susan Shumsky, an expert in all matters spiritual, says of psychic centers:
- "Each chakra in your spinal column is believed to influence or even govern bodily functions near its region of the spine. Because autopsies do not reveal chakras, most people think they are a fancy of fertile imagination. Yet their existence is well documented in the traditions of the Far East"
The psychic centers connected with the spinal area are of great importance. These major psychic centers form a crucial part of what and who we are. They influence our health, as well as our physical, spiritual and mental development. They tune into different energy frequencies, which increase the developed you can start to realise higher levels of consciousness.
What Is A Chakra And What Do They Do?
There are seven major psychic centers found in the aura. These are:
- the crown chakra (top of the head) – chakra of pure consciousness, relates to inner wisdom and the death of the body;. Governs meditation, universal consciousness and unity, “beingness”;
- third eye chakra (forehead) – balancing higher and lower selves and trusting inner guidance, visual consciousness. Governs access of intuition, visual consciousness, intuitive clarity;
- throat chakra – communication and growth through expression. This chakra is linked to the thyroid. Governs communication, independence, fluent thought and sense of security;
- heart chakra – related to the thymus, complex emotions, compassion, tenderness, unconditional love, equilibrium, rejection and well-being. Governs circulation, unconditional love, passion and devotion;
- solar plexus chakra – metabolic and digestive systems. Issues of personal power, fear, anxiety, introversion, opinion-forming. Governs digestion, mental power, expansiveness and growth;
- sacral chakra – responds to reproductive organs. Key issues are relationships, violence, addictions, pleasure and basic emotional needs. Governs reproduction, creativity, joy and enthusiasm.
- root chakra – (base chakra) related to instinct and survival. Involves lust, sexuality and obsession. Governs sexuality, stability, sensuality and security.
In addition to these 7 main chakras there are other, less important, psychic centers found in the body.
You might like these
Chakra Healing Information And Advice
Start with getting to know that your main energy centers. The chakras act as an energy and communication bridge between your physical body and, your mental body and your energetic body. And they have a massive impact upon the mind and body. Learn more > >
Understanding Chakra Meanings and Their Healing Powers
These centers of life force allow the universal vibration and energy to connect you to the ‘divine source and your higher self’, allowing your intuition to be opened. With these chakra meanings you can be more aware of yourself and your surroundings. Learn more > >
What To Find In The Hawaiian Chakra System
A longstanding belief says that if Kauai (or any of the islands in the Hawaiian Chakra System) embraces you, it permits you to remain as long as you desire. However, unless the islands feel you are pure of heart and come with authentic intentions, they will repel you. Learn more > >
Meditations To Close Your Third Eye Chakra
When it comes to third eye meditations, I’ve noticed that the psychic and metaphysical groups online mostly talk about opening your third eye chakra. And there is little to no specific help on how to CLOSE it. So, here are two exercises you can use. Learn more > >
Comments RE: What Is A Chakra?
Second Chakra Release - by Michael Clark, San Cristobal De Las Casas, Chiapas, Mexico
Are you releasing your second chakra memories of past and current regrets? It is very important that you let these memories go and allow the pain and sorrow to leave with them. Any out there that are holding onto these feelings will develop pain and problems in your intestines and stomach areas. We are all being cleansed for what is coming. When we enter the first chakra that is going to be even more distressing for those holding onto the past. Namaste - Michael Clark
To add answers or comments about this page please use my contact form. Please start the conversation with the heading [RE: What Is A Chakra].