What Is Precognition And How Common Is It?
Ian Parkin is the verified author of this post.
What is precognition?
- Precognition is happening when having telepathic thoughts and feelings that something positive or dreadful might occur at some unknown time in the future and you later realize you already knew it.
A real psychic see things clearly from a more elevated place to provide answers and give you quality advice. Each of our trusted psychic advisors have ratings and reviews from people just like you. Get 3 free minutes and 50% off!
What is precognition clairvoyance?
- Clairvoyant precognition is an inner-visual awareness of future possibilities that are yet to happen. For instance, you may see forthcoming events while you are in a dreaming state, during meditation or via flashes of relaxed clarity.
Precognition Can Be A Simple Hunch
Examples For The FAQ - What Is Precognition?
The Bible is rich with examples of this extrasensory perception. For example, the Wise Men were forewarned in a (precognitive) dream, not to return to Herod, but to take a different route home after finding the Christ child.
And history is rife with astounding precognitive examples:
- reportedly some surviving passengers, who were aboard the Titanic, experienced ‘unusual dreams’ of impending disaster, which included many deaths by drowning;
- for 10 consecutive nights before he was assassinated, Abraham Lincoln had precognitive dreams about a funeral service being held in the White House. When he peered into the coffin, it contained his dead body;
- and Sir Winston Churchill credits a life saving moment to an earlier hunch he had taken notice of. He changed sides from his habitual car seating position, on a car journey that was hit in the side by a bomb's explosion.
Precognitive insights usually comes when we are in the dream state and premonitions can take place anytime, day or night. Both involve heightened emotions and/or feelings, such as excitement, anticipation, anxiety, fear or as feelings of doom and gloom that keep nagging at your consciousness.
How common is precognition?
- Precognition, the extrasensory perception of the future, is very common, but what is not at all common is the recognition that an experience is precognitive, so it goes past mostly unnoticed. The most common means of having a precognitive experience is in our dreams.
What Is Precognition In Dreams?
Of course, not all dreams are precognitive, but if you should have one, it may deliver a warning or a positive insight into a future event. In the case of a warning and you are an adept precog there is a good chance you can change the outcome.
Precognitive dreams are often symbolic and may not be understood until the event happens. But, there are literal precognitive dreams where the dreamer can see what is about to happen in vivid detail as if they were participating in the event.
Another identifier of precognitive dreams is that the events aren’t controllable by the dreamer (as is the case in a lucid dream). But, if they are interpreted correctly and proper precautions are put in place, it is possible to change the future outcome of some negative premonitions.
Therefore, psychics might consider precognition a blessing, liberally laced with curses. They know what will happen and in some cases, they warn the client, in order to circumvent some disaster. It can be painful for a psychic to foresee traumatic events, without being able to help the client.
- Step 1 - what area of expertise do you need?
- Step 2 - which type of reading do you prefer?
- Step 3 - what level of experience fits your needs?
Leave it to the universe and use this wizard to connect with your perfect online psychic today!
Can precognition be developed?
- As with developing all psychic abilities you can learn precognitive skills too. In the early stages hindsight will reveal your best foresight. So keep a diary and write down the hunches you have from day to day. Also note all those dreams where you wake and just know there was a meaning there somewhere but may not yet know for sure. Make special mention to any key feelings you have during these experiences. Then, as time goes by, events will reveal which of your suspected precognitive thoughts and dreams where true insight. As you refer back to your diary or journal you can recall those key feelings. Before long you will just know what is precognition and what is not because those feelings will be unique.